Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:17 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: SlimWare Utilities - SlimCleaner
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:51 pm 
Sharptooth
Sharptooth

In MaximumPC's March 2013 print issue (page 25) there is a reference to the SlimWare Utilities website and the SlimDrivers application. Based on the referral from the article, I downloaded the utility and ran it on my three year old i7 920 box. The tool did a great job of finding and updating 18 drivers that I haven't thought about since the box was built (secondary NIC/USB/RAID).

When I went to the SlimWare Utilities site, I noticed that they also offer SlimCleaner, a program that sounds extremely similar to CCleaner in its function. The only trouble with SlimCleaner is that I can't find a review from a source that I trust. What immediately came to mind was that the application was absent from the November 2012 "Optimizers Put to the Test" article in MaximumPC.

SlimWare Utilities posted a list of their newsworthy praise, but the sources they list didn't instill me with confidence. I found the lack of discussion in sites such as MaximumPC and similar publications to be a bit inauspicious.

If anyone here has tried it out, I was hoping to hear about some experiences, praise, or warning regarding SlimCleaner.

Post subject: Re: SlimWare Utilities - SlimCleaner
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:29 pm 
Clawhammer
Clawhammer

Mmmmm, ahhhhh, remain calm...it's botware!