Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:09 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Dear Microsoft: About the Windows 8 "Camera" App...
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:27 pm 

You would think that since it is for web cams that you wouldn't have the icon show an actual camera. I don't know how many forum posts I've seen where people are all like "I can't get my camera to work" with people replying "It's for turning your web cam into a still/video camera". That aside, it seems you need special Windows 8 drivers anyway to get that thing to work. But I'm thinking like a desktop user. I guess it's really geared for use on tablets which have a "camera" built in. Perhaps too much homogenization isn't such a good thing? I ended up just unpinning the darn thing on the new rig I built for my sister's family...

I want to like Windows 8 so badly. Under the hood it's great. But as far as interface goes, I'm sorry to say that Microsoft really dropped the ball on this one. And the old desktop is now confusing people. Maybe they should have had each "desktop app" run in some sort of shell so that they would still have the cool Start App functionality. Sorry. Getting off the topic of my post... ;)