Can someone explain this to me.
Running multiple D2's on one comp
This is the single installation method, I.E. you only need to install Diablo once. You will need TWO (2) (or more) sets of CD keys, Classic and LOD. If your computer can handle it and you have more the two sets of keys, you can start up even more Diablo's:
1. Download "Diablo2 Cdkey Refiller" at http://www.hl2src.com/files/onlyer/d2key_changer.zip
(Makes an .mpq file with the 2nd CD key)
2. Unzip the files somewhere (Diablo2 folder).
3. Edit auto-cdkey.reg file with Notepad.
owner=The name that will show up if someone try to use ur key
d2cdkeympq=The filename the Diablo classic cd keys will store in. (cdkey.mpq)
d2xcdkeympq=The filename the Diablo Lod cd keys will store in (cdkey.mpq)
4. Copy the cdkey.mpq file to your Diablo2 folder.
5. Open d2-cdkey.exe file and refill both keys.
6. Download "D2Loader" at http://www.dizzyd2.com/d2loader-110.zip
(Makes it possible to load more then one Diablo2 game)
7. Extract the files (Diablo2 Folder).
8. Make a backup of your Diablo2.exe file.
9. Move the Diablo2.exe file from D2loader folder to your Diablo2 folder.
This is how I did it and it´s works fine for me.
If you wanto run two Diablo 2 games create 2 shortcut´s to the diablo2.exe and in the first write -w in the command line and write -w -mpq cdkey.mpq in the other shortcut command line.
If you want to run more then two Diablo's, rename the cdkey.mpq file you created to something like '1cdkey.mpq'. Follow the steps above to make another cdkey.mpq file. Have your first shortcut point to the Diablo2.exe file with the -w command line arguments. Have the second shortcut point to the Diablo2.exe file with the arguments -w -mpq cdkey.mpq and have the third shortcut point to the Diablo2.exe file with the command line argument -w -mpq 1cdkey.mpq. You can do this for as many CD keys you have.