Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:52 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Google Chrome ,No Adobe Flash Player
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:07 am 

On my computer, just downloaded Google Chrome. When i try run a program , such as one that is found on a Maximum PC CD, i get a message that i need Adobe Flash Player to run that program. The problem is that Adobe Flash Player comes bundled with Chrome. It just doesn't seem to work. I even downloaded from Adobe, Adobe Flash Player. I checked both my downloads and programs, both say that the Flash Player is installed, still not able to use or view anything that requires a Flash Player.I checked with Adobe support and got nowhere with the advice given, it just says to keep trying to install Adobe Flash Player. I am running windows 7 64 bit OS. I also checked with Google Chrome help and was given this advice. Open Google Chrome, type in about://plugins, find Adobe Flash Player or Shock Wave Player. Click on details at upper right corner. click on the enable button. Then close chrome window. Google says this should enable Flash Player, WELL it DOESN'T. Same result no Flash Player. I am given the exact same advice at Adobe's web site. I even installed Google Chrome twice, same result no Flash Player. Any and all advice would be appreciated. Thanks Shawn Harris.

Last edited by shawn Harris on Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Google Chrome ,No Adobe Flash Player
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:41 am 
[Team Member]
[Team Member]

This is why I use Firefox, it just works with no problems at all.

Nasty

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:47 am 

First Nasty thanks for your input. Have you ever come across this before with regards to Adobe Flash Player?. Also besides saying to use FireFox any ideas as to what i can do about it or am i just stuck with having no Flash Player?.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:16 am 

Ok Nasty, i just found a solution that works . Use internet explorer , go to Adobe and download Adobe flash Player. First save the download, then run, then allow adobe to install the latest updates, then it will install Flash Player. I did all of this and now i can use Adobe Flash Player to view all Flash programs and apps. Now happy with and about Google Chrome.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:59 am 
[Team Member]
[Team Member]

It is odd how you had to use a different browser to get Chrome to work...(shrug)...whatever works I guess :lol:

Nasty

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:12 pm 

I am thinking that when you download Google Chrome, Flash player only works when you're using Chrome. That's only thing that i can think of to explain having to use another browser to get Adobe Flash Player to work when you're off line.