Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:30 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Problem while installing Win8 Preview
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:47 pm 

Hello to all who read!
I have been trying to install Windows 8 preview for some time now, but whenever I try, I get this error message: "Your computer needs to restart. Please hold down the power button. Error Code: 0x0000007F Parameters: 0x00000008 0x81613000 0x00000000 0x00000000"
I am using the 32-bit version, VirtualBox as my emulator and WinXP as my host. I have 2GB of memory allocated for Win8
Thanks for the help!

Post subject: Re: Problem while installing Win8 Preview
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:45 am 
Boy in Black
Boy in Black

Can you run this outside of a sandbox and on (into?) actual hardware?

I don't want to lead a horse to water, but W8 seems to be pretty focused on anything but computers. That power button you're dicking with and they tell you to push, may not mean the one on your PC.

It's BETA dude! This is MPC, not Microsoft. I think several of us pointed out that it's a phone OS a few months back in other sections. If you can't get it to load by now, MPC can't help you. Rethink being a Beta tester (and other things) and keep to the instructions given with the EULA. Beta testing has a full support forum, feedback for items found, and several other routes for improving the product. You can't get it to run, I wouldn't start here...tell the beta team.

Beta does not mean fresh stuff to use because it's the "newest". Beta means test brutha. I find it a piece of crap in use, but you find it....difficult to start using? Let's rethink this whole idea a bit. Please?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 6:02 pm 
Million Club - 2 Plus
Million Club - 2 Plus

It's not even in beta yet. This is a developer preview. Sure if you want to develop apps for it early take a crack at it. The beta should be out in February, but don't hold your breath.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:05 pm 
Team Member Top 50
Team Member Top 50

Based on this, even though it's for a previous version of windows, it's probably an issue with a driver. Try booting it into safe mode.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:05 pm 
[Team Member]
[Team Member]

I have win8 32 bit running just fine on an old computer in my cellar. I did not use a sandbox but an old drive I had laying around. I did run a small program to get rid of the Metro interface...it really suxs.

Looks and feels like win 7 to me.

The only thing that rankels my butt is I have to run the repair tool every time I log on to get to the internet.

Nasty