Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:14 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Win7 SP1 not available?
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:41 pm 
Sharptooth
Sharptooth

Hey all, crashed my computer earlier and before hand I had SP1 installed and when I installed windows, and all my drivers etc. I turned to install SP1 and it's not available in windows updates. Any idears?

Post subject: Re: Win7 SP1 not available?
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:33 am 
Team Member [Top 500]*
Team Member [Top 500]*

So you did a full clean reinstall of Windows 7? Clean as in a reformat? You are absolutely sure that SP1 is not on there anywhere?

Just to be sure give this a read.

Next, try making sure all Windows 7 updates prior to SP1 are installed. Visit Windows Update until no updates are shown.

Next, you can give this a try:

Quote:
Downloading and installing SP1 from the Microsoft Download Center

If you have problems getting the service pack from Windows Update, you can download the SP1 installation package from the Microsoft Download Center, and then install SP1 manually.

Go to the Windows 7 Service Pack 1 download webpage on the Microsoft website, and then click Continue.

Choose either the 32-bit (x86) or the 64-bit (x64) version of SP1 depending on whether you're running the 32-bit or the 64-bit version of Windows 7, and then click Download.

To find out which version you're running, click the Start button Picture of the Start button, right-click Computer, and then click Properties. Under System, next to System type, you can view the operating system.

To install SP1 immediately, click Open or Run, and then follow the instructions on your screen. To install SP1 later, click Save and download the installation file to your computer. When you're ready to install SP1, double-click the file.

On the Install Windows 7 Service Pack 1 page, click Next.

Follow the instructions on your screen. Your computer might restart during the installation.

After installation is complete, log on to your computer at the Windows logon prompt. You might see a notification indicating whether the update was successful.

If you disabled your antivirus software, enable it again.

The manual download can be found here.

Ron

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:26 am 
Sharptooth
Sharptooth

I'll try updating all current updates, there are 87 of them. I was hoping to just get SP1 and go from there, hoping that all 87 were in SP1. As for a complete reformat? Yes, that is what I did.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:32 pm 
Team Member [Top 500]*
Team Member [Top 500]*

SPs are generally a cumulative roll up but sometimes you won't get a SP offered from Windows Update unless certain prerequisite updates have been done. You can try the direct link I gave to download and install SP1 and see if it works but there are times it will also require other updates before installing the SP. Let us know how it goes.

Ron