Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:29 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: mapping cloud based storage
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 4:52 pm 

Hello, and please and thank you for any and all help...me again, my forum name mapmd1234 and other alias mmd123...

I have registered to multiple cloud based storages, and my question for you is this...
Is there an application, freeware, open source, or online service... that can map an online storage service, and have it show up in windows as if it were a straight up local hdd??

I was suggested, through a makeuseof article, to use ,and the name fails me, aah...gladnet or something like that...glad something or other... and I tried it...problem is that there is an issue of some form or another with it and my rig...information to follow...

The problem is this, when I open the app, whether it has been running, or I end the entire thing and restart it if its doing nothing...it tries to load, and opening the drive management part of the app, it loads the logo, but nothing more...I can't get the app to actually load...and when it does work, it errors out saying "glad what ever, failed to map network drives"...

The specs:

Win7 ultimate x 64, no sp1 yet, as a clean install and still reinstalling apps, updates, patches and all that jazz...
All running on a set of 4 160's in a fakeraid 10... suposed to have a faikraid 1 for data on 2 320's but for some reason or another, windows does not see said raid...

So in other words, I have many sources of data that I want in cloud backups, but can't pay anything for it...and need something to be able to map cloud storages as if they were local drives...

I have all the time in the world for suggestions and I'm by no means in any rush, so if you are willing to help me, take your time...I have done my share of trying to find solutions and the makeuseof article on gladwhatever was the only thing I could find...and the dang thing didn't even support dropbox...

Please and thank you for any and all help, be it tips, tricks, mods/hacks, or anything at all...

EDIT: forgot to note my security apps...

I use comodo internet security with realtime scans, maxed settings, and file scan size limits of 40gbs, and am running a core2quad q6600 @ 2.4 and other times 3.0, however the actual reality speed is anywhere from a bit, to much faster do to an improper bios flash...see I didn't know then that you need to revert to stock settings for a flash...XD, so its higher than its specified settings due to being flashed while overclocked...
I also use spyware s&d or spybot s&d... and I will be using threatfire, malwarebytes, and superanti, but they are yet to be installed...

My routine apps to be installed later (not installed right now and thus not creating the error) are a few to be listed...always will be more than this, but this is just a few important ones...
Ccleaner
Glary utilities, comodo system cleanerfirefox beta and stable, pale moon(windows optimized firefox, of which I'm not sure why I'm stating this due to you guys being the ones that introduced me to it) recuva, rainmeeter, process hacker or process explorer, dshutdown, and I can't remember the rest...

Ack... forgot ram specs, 8gbs of ddr 2 800mhz running @ 5-5-5-15 with a current proc rate of "2.4" ghz...

Post subject: Re: mapping cloud based storage
PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:57 am 
[Team Member]
[Team Member]

Install sp1, get all updates and try the app again.

Nasty