Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:08 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Dell Inspiron 15 Win.7.Disk
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:06 pm 
Little Foot
Little Foot

The DELL INSPIRON 1540 - I purchased from Sam's Club; with my tax return, several years ago; is still running like a smooth puppy. i did have some malfunctions with it when i tried to upgrade the BIOS from the DELL website. The computer froze, and it would not turn off after several minutes, L.O.L ( How long is that supposed to take anyways?). But the windows disk that came with my Laptop, boots a full Operating System from the disk, on my SIK PUPPY. **I have not been able to override Vista again. "Using the Vista Upgrade install Trick" . The install of the O.S (VISTA BASIC UPGRADE) works fine. **But the [install] and then [upgrade] Malfunction doesn't work any more ---> Good job Microsoft and Dell. [The Vista upgrade trick in one of the previous magazine's does not work with Vista any more (for me anyways)]. I have a Blank P.C at home, and a lost copy of Windows X.P somewhere.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Vista disk I have, is just the BASIC - 99$ upgrade - from M.S (WAL-MART) and I've never tried; O.S X, on a P.C. I might make that my next purchase for an O.S. But piss on it ""Someone used to say, "where there's a will there's a way" [*EDIT*] I shipped the Dell laptop back to DELL, and they repaired the it under warranty. They sent the box and the shipping labels along with packing material and it was returned to me in an amount of time i can not remember. This was over a year ago, but to the best of my knowledge it was within 60 days.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[*EDIT*] I did install Windows 7; On my home-built and it went through the installation and <will> boot the PC with the disk in the DVD tray.

Last edited by JNorman on Sun Jul 17, 2011 4:58 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Dell Inspiron 15 Win.7.Disk
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:58 am 
Team Member [Top 500]*
Team Member [Top 500]*

Have you tried using the Dell System Restore functions as can be found here. Starting with Step 2? You should find in part:

Quote:
1 Turn on the computer.
2 As the computer starts, press <F8> on the keyboard until the Advanced Boot Options menu appears on the screen.
Note:
You must press <F8> before the Windows logo appears on the screen. If you press <F8> after the Windows logo appears on the screen, the Advanced Boot Options menu will not appear on the screen. If you do not see the Advanced Boot Options menu, restart the computer, and then repeat this step until you see the menu on the screen.

3 Press the <Down Arrow> on the keyboard to select Repair Your Computer on the Advanced Boot Options menu, and then press <Enter>.
4 Specify the language settings that you want, and then click Next.
5 Log in as a user who has administrative credentials, and then click OK.
6 Click Dell Factory Image Restore.
7 In the Dell Factory Image Restore window, click Next.
8 Click to select the Yes, reformat hard drive and restore system software to factory condition check box.
9 Click Next.
The computer is restored to the default factory configuration.
10 When the restore operation is completed, click Finish to restart the computer.
The software is now installed as it was when the computer was first received.

Ron

Post subject: Re: Dell Inspiron 15 Win.7.Disk
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:50 am 
Little Foot
Little Foot

No my laptop works just fine - i was just letting everyone know that the disk that came with my laptop boots on my home-built like a copy of Linux - The homebuilt will not boot without the disk in the DVD trey. And no i have not tried that. While i was typing the head post i forgot to mention i shipped the laptp back to Dell and they repaired it - <---"BIG" Typo. I did have some problems with the laptop when it was returned ALL of the factory programs that came with it where G.O.N.E - A.W.O.L it was just a standard copy of Windows 7 Home Premium ** Fininta [the computer still lets me run the copy of windows seven but it ask if i want to get a genuine copy.
-----------------------------------------------------
Windows Activation ({error code:} 0xC004F057)
[get genuine now]-[ask me later]
-----------------------------------------------------
[bottom right]
Windows 7
Build 7600
This copy of Windows is not genuine

that's nice maybe i can afford a copy now if my article gets published and edited for content. :)