Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 6:28 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: How To Use Handbrake to encode DVDs
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:48 am 
Little Foot
Little Foot

Hi, not sure if this is the right forum. I recently upgraded from Windows XP to Windows 7 Home Premium. My Nero 7 Ultra isn't compatible with Win7. I've been using Handbrake to just make movies for PS3, Phone, PSP, etc, but never learned how to back up my collection. Is there a step by step how to guide?

I've tried CloneDVD from slysoft, and enjoy it, but don't have the funds to purchase as I've already used up my trial. I'm on a trail right now with Nero 10, but I don't understand as the interface has changed and I'm unable to just back up my collection like I did in Nero 7. Any tips would be appreciated as I'm trying to do this without spending and $$$.

Post subject: Re: How To Use Handbrake to encode DVDs
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:35 pm 
Little Foot
Little Foot

If not Handbrake, then if anyone could recommend a renewable trial software for encoding my collection?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:33 pm 
Team Member Top 50
Team Member Top 50

Take a look at this this.

If you are just looking to make exact copies of your DVDs, take a look at DVDFab (there are paid alternatives mentioned in the article). Once you've copied the files from the DVDs, you can convert them to an iso, encode them, or something else.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:43 pm 
Little Foot
Little Foot

Thanks for the article link, I remember reading that long ago. Just that I couldn't figure out the interface as the version of Handbrake I got (I recently DL) doesn't seem to have an option to burn right to disk. I use it all the time, as previously mentioned, to make movies for my PS3 and Android Phone, but couldn't get it to encode to disk. I'll look over the article again, thank you.

Oh, if I forgot to mention, I have AnyDVD that I paid for years ago, but the encoding/burning side trial ran out.