Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:59 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Good pair of headphones/headsets for a laptop?
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 12:10 pm 
Coppermine
Coppermine

I am looking for a pair of good headphones and a pair of good headsets for my laptop.

Right now I have it narrowed down to the Sony MDR-V700DJ and the Sennheiser HD-570 for headphone options. Both are nearly the same price but that doesn't matter, I want a good pair for LAN parties and all the games I play on my laptop so they have to be good. Which one should I go for?

For a headset the Plantronics DSP-500 look promising and MaximumPC recommended them in this months issue. Is this a good pair? I'll primarily be using them to talk shit to people over Steam and other game communications.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 4:17 pm 
Team Member
Team Member

Please don't post the same question multipule times. It is called spamming and can get you banned.

Post subject: Re: Good pair of headphones/headsets for a laptop?
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 10:06 am 

Gigahertz17 wrote:
I am looking for a pair of good headphones and a pair of good headsets for my laptop.

Right now I have it narrowed down to the Sony MDR-V700DJ and the Sennheiser HD-570 for headphone options. Both are nearly the same price but that doesn't matter, I want a good pair for LAN parties and all the games I play on my laptop so they have to be good. Which one should I go for?

For a headset the Plantronics DSP-500 look promising and MaximumPC recommended them in this months issue. Is this a good pair? I'll primarily be using them to talk shit to people over Steam and other game communications.

If you can afford them go with the HD-590s...I have them and trust me you won't be disapointed...just to let you know if you have never had open headphones before but they leak sound so that they are just as loud outside your head as they are in the inside...but yeah go with the 590's because from my searching I seem to remember that they are much nicer than the 570s though if you don't have the money the 570's are good headphones.