Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:21 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Externally hacking cell phones?
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 11:43 am 

This is a really odd question for everyone, but I cant find any other group of people who would be able to give me good advice about the topic.

Recently, my brother got his credit card numbers stolen and used. Now, my brother does not give his numbers to anyone. He does not use the internet to buy anything, and does not order anything over the phone. The only time he uses his card is at reputable retailers.

I did a search for other ways people could have their credit card information stolen, given my brothers specific circumstances, and came across this video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rQRtjLUuTk

Now, this seems a little far fetched to me, but he does own a cell phone with Bluetooth capability, and told me it was acting strange around the time his credit card numbers were stolen. He would find that Bluetooth, a feature he never uses, would sometimes turn on, without him telling it to.

Just looking for some additional opinions on the subject, and if this is something we should bring to the attention to the local police, and credit card company.

Thoughts?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 1:51 pm 
Willamette
Willamette

I did hear on the news that people can hack your bluetooth and can listen to your conversation. :shock: Maybe that's how your brother's got stolen.

But they said it only happens with the bluetooth headsets but you never know...