Thunderbird
Thunderbird

Hey everyone, just wanted to ask a laptop question or two

Anti Glare vs glossy?
Can someone elaborate for me

WSXGA+ (1680x1050)
WXGA+ (1440x900)
WXGA (1280x800)

So if you are going to play games at 1280x800 resolution, then are there any benefits to having higher resolution. I guess the effect is unknown to me since lcd desktop monitors scale size with resolution, but for a laptop is there a advantage to having 700,000 more pixels on the same size screen. If there are advantages, then can the laptop still scale down to 1280x800 without loss of quality for gaming since that will allow the video card to put on more effects(AA, AF, HDR.........)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 2:29 pm 
King of All Voodoo2 Cards
King of All Voodoo2 Cards

Glossy vs. Anti-Glare is more of a personal taste. Stop by a local Best Buy and take a good look at the difference between the two and decide what your preference is.

As for native resolutions, I typically go for as high as I can get. My eyes are fine and I typically have lots of apps open at the same time so high resolutions aren't a problem. Plus I like to be able to look at two pages at the same time in MS word, review excel spreadsheets without having to vertically scroll and go over AutoCAD drawings without having to constantly drag the viewport around the screen

Some people may favor lower resolutions because at the LCD's native resolution they have a problem focusing on the screen. Again you may want to drop by the local computer store and see for yourself because this can be a rather important decision when it comes down to buying a laptop.