Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:29 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Work laptop choice.
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 3:00 pm 
7yrs+11,000 Posts
7yrs+11,000 Posts

I had a choice of two laptops with a different processor at work. One with a Celeron and one with a p4. Surprisingly I took the Celeron and I will tell you why. First of all I don’t like the design of the model with the p4. You have to switch out between floppy and CD rom. And people always throw floppies at me so I use them allot. There was one with the p4 and the floppy+cd rom in at the same time but it’s so thick and heavy. The one with the celeron is very thin and I like the display a whole lot better. Second of all the P4 in a laptop is really really noisy with all the fans keeping it cool. It annoys me. The Celeron is very quiet. And third I will not need it for high end game ECT. A Celeron is enough and plenty fast. The only software I use that takes up allot of cpu speed is photo shop, but it is still not slow. Ohh yeah and not to mention the p4 systems has windows 2000 and I wanted xp professional. (Don’t ask why because our company is stupid.) So what do you think of my choice?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 12:09 am 

sounds like you made the right choice. Personally I am big on the quietness of computers, especially laptops since you'll be working up and close. And if celeron's fast enough for the job, I wouldn't worry too much about it.