Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:37 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Need recommendation for laptop insurance or warantee
PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:24 am 

Hi everyone,

I'm not a techie kind of person and I'm looking for an insurance policy to cover an IBM laptop. I don't trust insurance companies or warantees since they seems to find a way to reject claims every time. Do you know of a good company with a simple straightforward policy to cover one single personal use laptop?

At this point, I'm on my 4th laptop within the last 5 years! Within a year of purchasing a new new one, one of the kids spills a drink on it or a dog knocks it off the table or something like that! Last night I was working on my IBM laptop on the couch...my puppy bolted into the room, jumped on me and spilled the full cup of coffee I was holding. It soaked the keyboard and the couch. I turned the laptop upside down to dry it out, then this morning tried to fire it up. No response at all. It won't even show signs of charging when I plug in the power cord.

Looks like I need a new one (again!) but at this rate I need insurance coverage for spills, drops, etc. Is there a decent policy out there that doesn't have fine print to dsqualify for lots of really dumb reasons? My main issue is drink being spilled. I'll be looking at IBM's since I love them. Thanks!

Post subject: Re: Need recommendation for laptop insurance or warantee
PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:05 pm 
Smithfield
Smithfield

Quick Google search gives me http://www.safeware.com/ which covers accidents. And I ran an estimate for $2000 and the policy came out to be $171/yr. Keep in mind if your accident rates are high and you build up a history of that, your premiums may increase.

Or you know, you could always make a place for your work where nobody is allowed in and avoid having drinks next to it. Prevention is better than anything else.