Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:50 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Anyone have experience with Sager?
PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 6:47 pm 

I'm looking at Sager notebooks...they seem to be the best bang for the buck. Anyone have any opinion or experience regarding Sager Notebooks?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 7:10 pm 
Smithfield*
Smithfield*

Sager makes great notebooks. But if you want bang for the buck I'd suggest looking at IBuyPower and CyberPowerInc. They have the absolute best prices and choices. Next year for college I'll be picking one up from them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 8:31 am 
King of All Voodoo2 Cards

They're excellent notebooks.

I've got a Pro-Star 8593 (Clevo 8500V/Sager NP8560), that's been chugging along for over 4 years now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 9:41 am 
Team Member Top 100
Team Member Top 100

A friend of mine has the 9860. If you don't mind a notebook that, after playing games for an hour, sounds like a helocopter taking off, it is a great system. The only notebook I know of that has a P4 EE in it. And he's upgrading the video from a plain Go 6800 to a Go 6800 Ultra :D

Can't wait till I see that puppy in action.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 1:30 pm 
Coppermine
Coppermine

how is sager's customer service/tech support? i posted a question in the free clinic about my girlfriends. she has had hers for 3 days and it doesnt work so it need to get sent back and we need a new one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 1:34 pm 

I've dealt with Sager for years. I've never had any problem with their support either. Just call 'em up! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 2:18 pm 
Coppermine
Coppermine

so i have an update on this situation. i/she contacted/left a voicemail at sager computers and then they left voicemail requesting the bios version and firmware revision. then i called and left voicemail telling them that the computer would longer boot not even to bios, and if it did get to bios it would freeze up after 10-15 seconds. now they left a voicemail saying to pull the ram and see if maybe one of the sticks is bad or something. so i called and left a voicemail back saying "no, all she wants is an rma number to give the notebook back to them and recieve a new one. it is unacceptable to have a $2000 notebook that did not work from the first day we recieved it."

does anybody think that i was out of line saying this to them? i am also getting frustrated that all i talk to is voicemail.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 4:47 pm 

I wonder if lemon laws apply to computers?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 6:06 pm 
Smithfield*
Smithfield*

94mustangv6 wrote:
so i have an update on this situation. i/she contacted/left a voicemail at sager computers and then they left voicemail requesting the bios version and firmware revision. then i called and left voicemail telling them that the computer would longer boot not even to bios, and if it did get to bios it would freeze up after 10-15 seconds. now they left a voicemail saying to pull the ram and see if maybe one of the sticks is bad or something. so i called and left a voicemail back saying "no, all she wants is an rma number to give the notebook back to them and recieve a new one. it is unacceptable to have a $2000 notebook that did not work from the first day we recieved it."

does anybody think that i was out of line saying this to them? i am also getting frustrated that all i talk to is voicemail.

All Sagers have a 30-day money back guarantee, if you wish to return the computer. I have a 9880 that had to go back due to a bad gpu, but it was astoundingly easy to deal with their tech support, and they were very fast. No hours on hold, no run arounds, just got an RMA and it was fixed within 72 hours and shiped back 2-day air. Haven't had a problem since, and I love the thing. My experience with tech support was absolutely breezy, and imho is a good thing to recommend them for. I understand your frustration at only getting voicemail, but you should use their callback support option. You send them a request, and you get a window of time for them to call you back in. In my experience, at 12 noon i requested a callback between 1:30 and 5:00, and got a callback around 1:45. Or use Request a Service on that same page for a direct RMA request. You should be talking to an honest to goodness empowered and knowledgable employee very quickly, who i am sure can give you an RMA. Their english is good, and they know their shit, your not talking to some level 1 dell support tech who can't do anything except tell you to reboot and try safe mode. They do try to avoid having to have an enitre computer rma's if they can, because they know it's a pain in the ass to get to the post office, and the consumer pays shipping to them. Plus, then your completely without a computer until it comes back. Remember, it's probably frustrating for them to determine what your problem is or what your needs are since they keep getting your voicemail too. Their system is designed to work around callbacks, so you don't spend hours on hold, and it allows them to manage their support more efficiently. So be there when they call, and when you talk to someone they will take real good care of you.