Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:21 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Droid X vs Droid T2 (rumored)
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:51 am 
Team Member Top 500
Team Member Top 500

So I have been looking extensively into getting a Android for my next upgrade, which I can do as soon as next week, but I will probably wait till closer to January since I don't have much money, and I start my job next June. I have looked a lot at the Droid X, and it by far seems like the best thing out there (at least for Verizon, which is all I am looking at). I want a superphone, what they have been calling the 4", 1GHz plus phones. My obsession with gmail and google calenders make Android an easy choice. I use pandora a lot, and want good video and audio playback. So the Droid X seems too fit all this nicely.

I have heard some rumors about an upcoming so called Motorola Droid T2. It seems like it has been confirmed for a possible release in time for Xmas, but more likely Q1 2011, along with a confirmed Terga 2 processor and Android 2.5, Gingerbread. They are also saying 1080p video recording and a front facing camera. All on a 4" screen, which I am guessing will have a higher resolution then the Droid X. And I am assuming it will support 4g. These all seem like giant steps over the current field.

So now my questions. What do people know about Gingerbread? Back when people thought Gingerbread was going to be Android 3.0 I heard that this would be the first version to not need a 3rd party interface, like HTC Sense, or MotoBlur. Is this true? Also, I know the Terga 2 processor is being used in some newer netbooks. Is it too powerful for a phone? How do you expect the battery to hold up when running a dual core processor? How is gaming on Android going right now? Are developers taking an interest in Android phones yet, is the Droid X powerful enough to handle decent gaming? I have looked at the Droid X, but not been able to really test the full potential of its screen. I have heard it doesn't really compare to the new iPhone's screen (not that I would ever consider an iPhone), is this true? Is the Droid X's screen resolution slightly disappointing?

Post subject: Re: Droid X vs Droid T2 (rumored)
PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:32 pm 
Team Member Top 500
Team Member Top 500

Anyone have any feedback on the Droid X or know anything about the supposed T2?