Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:06 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Book Suggestions For Server 2008, Exchange 2007, PowerShell
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:12 am 

Hello everyone,

Exactly as the title states, I was wondering if anyone around here had any suggestions for books that they found to be worthwhile for Windows Server 2008, Exchange 2007, and Windows PowerShell.

For a little background, in case it may influence your suggestions. My organization is currently on a Windows 2000 Active Directory domain. We are going to be putting in a fresh Server 2008 Active Directory Domain, along with deploying an Exchange Server for the first time. We are also going to be incorporating a few Terminal Servers within this environment. The reason that I want to find some PowerShell books is that a lot of our tasks right now, we accomplish through vbs scripts, and since we are moving to 2008, I would like to learn to do the same things, and more through PowerShell.

I realize that there are many online sources of information, but I do prefer to have a few physical resources around. Plus, sometimes it feels better to sit down with a book at night, than just stare at your laptop. I also realize that this isn't an enterprise forum, but I know that there are a lot of people who work with this type of stuff.

Thanks,
Rob

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:25 pm 
TravBv2.0
TravBv2.0

I've had good luck with Sybex titles. I've got Sybex titles for CCNA and Windows Server 2003. Both are easy to read and understand. Of course, this is more dependent on the author than the publishing company. Amazon is your friend.