I know many of you are either in College or getting ready to go to College. This is a great oprotunity for you guys. This is the 3rd year Directron has done this, and I think it's a really good program.
Directron.com College Scholarship
Directron.com is proudly announcing our third annual college scholarship. Our goal is to encourage today's young men and women to attend college and to earn a higher education. At the same time, we want to encourage them to share their experiences with computers. Visit "Scholarship 2007"Visit "Scholarship 2006"
College bound high school seniors and current college students in the U.S. who submit an application and an essay to us. Proof of being a student may be requested.
First place - $1000 (one prize)
Second place - $500 (two prizes)
Third Place - $300 (five prizes)
The actual number of prizes awarded may vary depending on the quality of the applications received each year.
(1) You must submit an essay with a topic that is related to computers. We do not place restrictions on style of your writing. It can be fiction, non-fiction, short story, instruction manual, or a poem. The style may be technical or non-technical in nature, but it must be computer related. We cannot stress enough how important it is to make your essay unique and original.
(2) We do place 50% of the judgment on the academic merit of writing. The other 50% goes to originality and creativity of the content. All submissions must have perfect spelling and grammar. If in doubt about what style to choose, use an academic writing style.
(3) The length of the essay should be at least two single-spaced pages long. Pictures are not required, but encouraged. Text or Microsoft Word format is accepted.
(4) Please include an application letter containing some short biographical information, what college you are attending/planning to attend, which year of school/college you are currently attending, your current or intended major, and any other information you wish to let us know. Send your application and the essay before the deadline to [email="firstname.lastname@example.org"]email@example.com[/email] with the subject "ESSAY 2008 - Your full name".
(5) By submitting this application, you agree that your writing is original and not copied, published elsewhere, or copyrighted by anyone. We reserve the right to interview applicants and ask questions. You also agree to give us the copyright for the literary work once you submit your entry. We will publish all winners' essays and a selection of runner ups on Directron.com, with credit to the authors. By entering for the scholarship, you also allow us to publish your name and a brief bio on our website. Plagiarism will not be tolerated. Any awards may become void.
(6) For the third year, the deadline for submitting the essay is January 10th, 2009. The winners will be announced around January 16th, 2009, on this page.
Computers in our lives
My first assembled computer
Why computers influence our world
Compare and contrast of broadband revolution in USA and South Korea
Importance of level two cache size in modern processors
Why Wii is a leading console over PS3 and XBOX 360
RIAA and us, what DRM means for the customers
Contrast and similarities in overclocking current AMD and Intel processors
Would ratifying 802.11n specification bring order to the world of Wi-Fi
Anything computer related!
Be creative. You are welcome to come up with your own topic. Send your contact information with the application and your completed essay to [email="firstname.lastname@example.org"]email@example.com[/email]. Good luck!
Note: (1) This is not a contest. There is no entry fee. No purchase is necessary. (2) Directron.com full-time employees and direct relatives cannot apply. Interns and part-time workers are eligible. (3) All awards shall be in the form of a company check to the individual's name. (4) This program is subject to change without notice. (5) We may increase or decrease the amount and number of the awards. (6) Not all entries will win awards. (7) Directron.com reserves the right to request the award to be returned if an application is found to contain inaccurate information or the essay is plagiarized. (8 ) This program is applicable only to people who reside within the fifty US states.