Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:54 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Getting A+ cert online courses
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 6:19 am 
Thoroughbred
Thoroughbred

Is getting your A+ cert through online schooling just as good as going to classes in real life?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 4:38 pm 

I took my A+ at a local place. To be honest with you, I was not taught a single thing as I already knew the content was covered. If you are a self-motivated individual you can just pick up the book, study it and when you feel ready to take the test you are able to test out. There is no requirement to sit in a class in order to take the test. In fact if you felt so confident that you knew the content, you could simply schedule to take the test and complete it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 4:49 pm 
Thoroughbred
Thoroughbred

Haemon wrote:
I took my A+ at a local place. To be honest with you, I was not taught a single thing as I already knew the content was covered. If you are a self-motivated individual you can just pick up the book, study it and when you feel ready to take the test you are able to test out. There is no requirement to sit in a class in order to take the test. In fact if you felt so confident that you knew the content, you could simply schedule to take the test and complete it.

I know a lot, but just don't know about voltages and multimeters and stuff like that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:07 pm 
Klamath
Klamath

you should go to a class room to get hands on work with pc's ... trust me im A+ Certified and i find that you need 3 things to pass ANY exam...

they are

-the theory (books)

-Hands on (working with pcs and doing labs)

-practice exams

if you got thos three under your belts you should be able to do the exam no problem.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:26 am 

Depending on your current knowledge the course might be beneficial or utter waste of time. If you built your PC yourself and did research before that I think there is no point going for the full time course, especially that this qualification expires quickly. I did mine without the course anyway.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 6:01 am 
Klamath
Klamath

Ottore wrote:
Depending on your current knowledge the course might be beneficial or utter waste of time. If you built your PC yourself and did research before that I think there is no point going for the full time course, especially that this qualification expires quickly. I did mine without the course anyway.

same but i do have a apprenticeship with a computer store so it does help when i fix pc's all day..