Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Sat Nov 29, 2014 2:00 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Web Design program
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 2:06 pm 

I've been taking a serious interest in web design lately and I think I want to go to school for it. I'm looking for a decent program. It doesn't have to be from a "name brand" school, I just want to find a school who's web design program rocks.

I know the Art Institute has the program but I've heard from some locals here in Philly, that they're more interested in getting their money rather than teaching. So not exactly what I'm looking for when I meant "name brands". Can you guys recommend some?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 8:25 pm 
Little Foot
Little Foot

hmmm, im looking for a new program to fix up a piece of crap website i put together in 10 hours. ive been usin a builder provided by Verizon, but honestly, it is bullsht.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 9:32 pm 
Sharptooth
Sharptooth

-it- wrote:
hmmm, im looking for a new program to fix up a piece of crap website i put together in 10 hours. ive been usin a builder provided by Verizon, but honestly, it is bullsht.

By program he means an institute that has a good record, and high teaching performance. Not a computer application program.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 5:42 am 
Sharptooth
Sharptooth

i dont see anything wrong with the 3 i used/recomend:

ms frontpage,
netscape composer,
+macromedia flash
+macromedia dreamweaver

these are 4 easy to use. flash is a bit of a different beast. for your purposes my number one recomendation wld be MacroDW.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 6:33 am 
Sharptooth
Sharptooth

rayatwork05 wrote:
i dont see anything wrong with the 3 i used/recomend:

ms frontpage,
netscape composer,
+macromedia flash
+macromedia dreamweaver

these are 4 easy to use. flash is a bit of a different beast. for your purposes my number one recomendation wld be MacroDW.

Except for the fact is is looking for SCHOOLS, not software.

I would suggest checking out your community colleges, and if there are any tech schools in your area.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 11:54 am 
Sharptooth
Sharptooth

oh lol my bad. it in that case it depends on wether or not you'd consider moving to different states. otherwise i belive theres a site out there that generates stats/reviews based on student feedback on different professors. you may want to check that out to findout who knows there stuff, and teaches the most/best. you may even want to contact top 5-10 companies you wish to work for, findout what they use/are looking to use in the future and then look for a school that provides education in that area.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 6:46 pm 

Just to clarify something, are you looking for a Web Design or a Web Developer academic program? As far as 'Design', any major graphical arts school will most likely have a program for you. The 'Developer' program; ie Html, Flash, Javascript, Perl, Visual Studio, ect, or a degree for this specific type of work might be a little more difficult to come by.

Schools can have a funny way of putting everything under one generic Computer Programming degree. I'm a Web Developer student, and I can't tell you how many people have come up to me and asked me to fix their networking problems. They just think of you as the 'computer guy'. This is changing though.

Just a little info, if you are interested in the Web Developer degree, business are using intranet technology as a replacement for the old way of doing things. I know at my school, there are three times as many internship positions available for Web Developer students as there are for Systems Analysts. There are many reasons for this, but bottom line, it does seem to be the trend for the near future.

Post subject: Re: Web Design program
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 8:42 am 

GamerGirlsLoveMax wrote:
I've been taking a serious interest in web design lately and I think I want to go to school for it. I'm looking for a decent program. It doesn't have to be from a "name brand" school, I just want to find a school who's web design program rocks.

I know the Art Institute has the program but I've heard from some locals here in Philly, that they're more interested in getting their money rather than teaching. So not exactly what I'm looking for when I meant "name brands". Can you guys recommend some?

AFAIK, Drexel has one of the better programs in the Philly area...heck the creators of newgrounds.com are grads...