Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:48 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: SQL server 2005 certificate
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 7:18 pm 
Klamath
Klamath

Hey all, I am going to go for my first certificate, and I want to get my sql server 2005 certificate. I wanted to know a few things;

1) where is the best place to go to look for tests, as well as discounts and such?

2) I have a training book, but other than a free 180 trial of sql server, whats a good way to learn sql server (keeping in mind I have 5 years using sql code and building databases in access in a professional environment)

3) Anyone here have it? How useful is it? How hard was it to get?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 6:35 pm 

I would start by looking up the exam (or exams) that are offered for SQL Server (good start: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sqls ... 31757.aspx ). Study the book thoroughly, Microsoft is very particular about their exams in that you can only use a MS solution to solve the problem. Then dig around the internet for test examples or "brain dumps". I found that flash cards for the specific exam work great.

Another study tip: for practice exams study the answers before taking the test, this is to train your brain to remember the right answers and not the wrong ones.

The fact that MS has changed their tests to be more situational and less multiple choice should play in your favor because you have 5 years experience.