Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:46 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: computer engineering
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 6:24 pm 

I went to college for Computer and Electronics Engineering Technology and i worked for a computer store to repair and network service calls for about a year around the end of college, after i lost that job i went on monster.com and i put my resume on the site, i got a call back from toshiba looking for a mid level copier repair , so i took it for 12 bucks an hour start, i really diden't care about the pay when i started but after beening there for a year and still making the same old 12 bucks and hour (THATS ABOUT 23000 A YEAR) Im tired of driving around with this pay so for someone who has there CEET plus a year with toshiba and i worked on pc's for over 10 years by my self sont you think i should be making a little bit more?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 7:48 pm 
Team Member
Team Member

A few questions:

1) Where did you get your degree from?
2) What were your grades like?
3) What is your motivation level?

The reason I ask is this: If you have a 4yr degree in a technical field and you are only making $12/hr something is wrong.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 11:52 am 
Willamette
Willamette

Agreed, $12/hour is diddlysquat for a 4 year degree. Unless you are off in ruralville or something. They're probably not going to be paying you $30/hour if your area's not a high cost of living area.

At this point though (at least 2 years experience), I don't think his grades will matter for most jobs, just having a degree's good enough.

A lot of times with the big companies, there's a yearly merit review where they'll bump up the pay depending on your "performance". If it is past that time, and you didn't get a raise, start looking elsewhere. Either in or out of company. Review the job listings and depending on your review, focus on in or outside of the company.