Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:26 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Java Developement Kit's
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 5:02 pm 

I've got a prerequisit class that is requiring me to do some work with a JDK. I've always used notepad for Java and XHTML so I prefer using notepad and just typing in straight code.
My question is:
A) Is there an easy JDK system out there that is actually user freindly?
B) Do Java programmers actually prefer these development kits over straight up coding?

I don't know any Java programmers that do this for a living, so I'm not sure whether or not I should just b-s my way through class or if I should really get aquainted with a JVM/JDK.

Post subject: JDK
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 3:34 pm 

Just a follow-up to my own question;

I've spent a little more time using the JDK in conjunction with TextPad and it does show some promise. The code is actually color-coded allowing for easier reading. When run through a compiler, errors come up allowing for quicker trouble-shooting...but I've found myself a mislead on a couple of occasions.

All in all, I did find it to be a useful tool, though a little awkward to get used to. I'd still like to hear from someone who does this for a living. Is this the norm or are JAVA programmers using something else as the standard?

Either way it was an educating expiriance and would recommend it for someone wanting to try something new.