Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 9:04 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: What do employers look for most?
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 2:18 pm 
Team Member Top 500
Team Member Top 500

I'm should be done with my degree this school year (Network Administration and Support). Only have a computer class left, others are just the math, english mess I saved til last. I'm just wondering, what do employers look for most. Certificates, degrees, real knowledge? IMO it should be the later. I'd hate to spend hundreds more on certificates that will be useless in 2 years unless employers are really looking at them. Any information what I should push most?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 3:09 pm 
Team Member
Team Member

If you are new to a field they look for education, if you have been working in the field they look a little at education and a lot at experience. As I have said in another post, call a company that has the type of job you want, ask to speak to the HR dept and ask them what qualifcations they are looking for. And than make sure you are on the right track to have what they are looking for. Not every company wants a degree, but those people that don't have one have been in computers for a long time and have shown they know what they are doing. I have a friend who did not have a degree at a time he was looking for work and he went to the company and said he would work for free for a week to prove he could do the job. He is now the General manager of that company.