Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:59 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: UAT or Full Sail?
PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 12:13 pm 

I will be going to college in a few years, and have been doing some research, and I have many questions?
I want a course in (game) computer programming and artificial intelligence, maybe game writing

Has anyone been to either college, and or which one do you think is better. I went to the UAT website and they have a huge list of classes that they have. Full Sail just has a few. I could not find a price for either college per credit. Do you know of any other colleges that have computer programming and artificial intelligence courses close to the New England area?
Thank you

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 5:40 pm 
King of All Voodoo2 Cards

Full Sail doesn't offer classes by the credit. You sign up for one of their programs and shell out $20k to $45k depending on which program you sign up for.

I'd be wary of Full Sail, I had a discussion with the sound engineer that does the live mixing for La Nouba over in Disneyworld and he said they stopped taking interns from Full Sail because they leave the school with a really big head.

It's too bad Jizzler isn't around here anymore, he went through their Digital Media program and could probably give you more details.

Either way, my advice would be to go to a regular four year University and not one of these entertainment trade schools.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 5:19 am 

Would you consider UAT similar to Full Sail, where you pay them for a program, and not individual credits? Are there any four year public or private colleges that offer computer programming and/or artificial intelligence as a major?
do you know how I could contact Jizzler?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 8:13 am 

Crinkle wrote:
Would you consider UAT similar to Full Sail, where you pay them for a program, and not individual credits?

I'm not famillar with UAT.

Crinkle wrote:
Are there any four year public or private colleges that offer computer programming and/or artificial intelligence as a major?

There are tons of Universities that offer computer science where you'll do programming in everything from Visual Basic to C++ to Java.

Artificial Intelligence is more of a specialty, you'll have to dig around to find classes on that.

Crinkle wrote:
do you know how I could contact Jizzler?

The only contact info I have is his new home address and phone #, no offence but I'm not about to give that out to a stranger on the internet.

I don't think he goes to the old forum anymore, but you might find him on the forums over at www.2cpu.com.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 7:42 pm 

one of my relatives lives right near full sail she said for the programs they have there its an excellent skool but she also mention the schedules are a little crazy like they have some classes at like 3 in the mornin. i might go to full sail but what i would like to kinda do is learn computer programmin, learn computer animation, and learn computer engineerin. thats what i would like to do but unfortunately full sail only has computer programmin, and computer animation.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 9:26 pm 
Clawhammer
Clawhammer

Get a computer science degree with a minor in math.