Maximum PC

It is currently Sat Dec 27, 2014 3:12 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 2:52 am 
Willamette
Willamette

Trogdor wrote:
I get pissed off when stores (especially computer stores such as CompUSA) hire people that have no technological knowledge at all. It just baffles me why you would hire a tech illiterate, to give tech advice.

Same reason that third-party tech support vendors (i.e., Sykes Enterprises, Inc.) hire anyone off the streets (now in India) to provide tech support for their client's customers--they are a warm body filling a position. The only diffference is that the third-party tech support vendors at least give their employees some kind of formal training in the product they are supporting.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 5:12 am 
Team Member Top 500
Team Member Top 500

whelderwheels613 wrote:
what about circuit city's firedog? are ther any "real" tech support peoplez?

They are so real they had to steal their name from Mozilla.

No it is fireDOG not fireFOX it is completely different! We will give it a Mohawk and put it in a wheel chair if you have a problem

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 11:50 am 

Its our fault they hire bottom of the barrel tech and people who have no business being in the same room as a PC.
Its my fault, your fault, every consumer's fault.
Consumers have so much power in electronics that prices are in the basement. When you sell things on such low margins as Best Buy and Circuit City do, you have to have very low labor costs. The local Best Buy here pays their Geek Squad $12.00 per hour starting. I would not pick up a screwdriver and troublehoot anything for $12.00 per hour. So you get the worst techs available. Best of all for the major retailers, most of their customers are so behind in understanding technolgy, they do not even notice all the BS these so-called "techs" are shoveling.

If we were all still willing to drop two grand on an average PC like people used to do, you might see smarter people in those types of stores.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 5:00 pm 

A guy that i work with was telling me one of the local stores told him that AGP was better than going with PCIe. This guy is so behind he does not know that PCIe is alot faster than AGP. That is pretty bad.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 6:04 am 
Team Member Top 500
Team Member Top 500

Bin3ry wrote:
A guy that i work with was telling me one of the local stores told him that AGP was better than going with PCIe. This guy is so behind he does not know that PCIe is alot faster than AGP. That is pretty bad.

Holy Frak is that stupid. I remember when DL DVD burners came out i went to Best buy to get one and I spent 5 minutes looking for media for it. I asked the guy.

ME DualLayer burner in hand: Do you have the new DVD's for this?

BBmoron: Uh yeah, Here *Hands me single layer discs*

Me: These are single layer, i'm looking for Dual layer, they just came out. Since you have the drives i figured you'd have the DVD's too.

BBmoron: Looking clueless uh we dont have any.

ME: puts drive back and walks out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 12:04 pm 
Thunderbird
Thunderbird

charliebrown wrote:
i hear that geek squad just has a cd they run in ur computer that supposedly finds minor errors n corrects it idk its very dumpy for the shit load of money u pay n wtf is up with paying like 50 bucks for them to install ur graphics card HOW LAZY CAN U BE? lol

Lol. I got paid that much once to install a graphics card!