Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:34 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Cisco people
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 11:43 am 

I took the 2 year program in high school, and passed with like a "C" or better all the way through. I did NOT take the CCNA. Does this count towards anything in getting a job, or do they not really look at it until you take the CCNA? Also, with this, 3 years non-graduated of college, and an A+, what kind of yearly salary would you expect?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 4:57 pm 
Willamette
Willamette

Keep in mind we are talking about a paper cert here. That mean no experiance. However, with that in mind and having your A+ and the CCNA and assuming you can backup what you say you can do (not saying you can't) a starting salary would be prob 65K or more. Maybe closter to 70K

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 8:40 pm 
Team Member
Team Member

$65k-$70k in South Dakota with just an A+??!! I have to completely disagree with that statement.

Mattsk42: As a former recruiter, Im going to give you my honest opinion on what your resume is going to say to an hr/technical manager: Doesnt finish what he started. Your 2 yr program will not count, your 3 yrs of college credit wont count. Your A+ will count. If you are only a yr away from graduating college, why not finish? It will open more doors for you then anything else. I could understand if you had a hot job right now. I don tcare if your degree is in Art History. You will get hired faster with that and an A+ then without the degree.

As for salary: www.salary.com
It gives a free, good baseline salary based on local market data. For an A+, the equiv. job is : Computer Operator I
In Pierre, SD: the median salary is $33k.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 2:53 pm 
Team Member
Team Member

well im training to get my CCNA right now, 5 year average sallary is 60 grand, you can find better if you know where too look

im also taking a 2 year program in highschool but all the CCNA stuff were doing this year.

with just the A+, proably 30 grand/year mabey more if you can find an onsite job but i live in new york so i dont know whats good in the mid west

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 6:04 pm 
Sharptooth
Sharptooth

I am in my second year in the CCNA program maintaing an A- but our instructor works at the sponsering University and he makes an average of about 45k but he is a teacher/manager for the school. but the other managers in our area make about 35k. It just depends on where you look.