Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:53 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Need your advice: Pursuing career in Network Administration
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:34 am 

Hello Guys,

I would like to ask for your opinion. We are new temporary immigrant here in Canada (St. Catharines). We are from Philippines and my past job is not related to Information Technology but may be near to it as used to work at technician at Intel Philippines. I am thinking that I have a good chance to have a new career that I really want which is Network Administration. Right now I am 33 yrs. old and I think I still have a chance to get my dream job.

I inquired to several colleges / institutions and I like the program of Academy of Learning has offered to me. I would like to ask your opinion especially to those with vast experience and knowledge in this field of what you think of the program curriculum that this institution is proposing to me. I really want to concentrate on the hardware side and not on the software/programming as I am not good at it.

The tricky part with our situation is my wife has a study permit and for me I can only take short courses not more than 6 months because we are still under Temporary Residency. I can only take full courses or degrees once we have applied for Permanent Residency which is still 2-3 years from now. So instead of waiting 2-3 years I think I can take one or two courses which will not be longer than 6 months.

This is the proposed curriculum which will lead to Diploma to Network Administration. Every number which has 1 or 2 courses will not be longer than 6 months.
1. CompTIA + & Network
2. Server + & Security +
3. Microsoft Programs (MCITP / New MCSA)
4. Balance of Microsoft Programs
5. Office & Busines Skills

Let me know what do you think of this and I would greatly appreciate your opinions or if you know a better IT school in our area.

Thank you and have a nice day!