Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:18 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: My 1st custom rig, Share thoughts/tips/changes please!
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:25 am 

Hey whats up everyone? I am brand new to this site and forum so bear with me. I'm really liking everything that I've seen so far. Anyways, heres my subject or topic. Recently I built my first custom gaming rig, switching from an old compaq lol. So far I am really liking it, just in general I like gaming on the PC because i switched from an xbox 360. I mainly play BF3 and D3, but pretty much I am always on the lookout for new games to test my system on. Also, it seems like everyday I go to the local electronics/computer store and buy something new, like things to upgrade or customize my rig. I'm really big on modifying and upgrading things, probably why I like computers so much now. Please everyone tell me what you think of my rig and please be critical if you must, tell me what you think I should change or keep, maybe any tips on increasing performance, and just in general what you think, it would also be cool if you posted your setup and build maybe with pics and all. Ok here it goes,

-Phantom 410 case (white)
-7 fans total, NZXT 120mm and Antec 120mm
-CoolerMaster Hyper 612 CPU cooler
- Intel 3770k, 1155 chipset
-MSI GD-Z77A-GD55 mainboard
-Antec 750 watt PSU (High Current Gamer series)
-Corsair Force GT 120 gb SSD
-WD 7,200rpm 1TB Hard-drive
-DVD-rom/burner
-GTX 680 (PNY/Reference) I just recently returned my 2 GTX 670's (msi), because they had 1 of these in stock. I plan on getting 1 more because in the future I want to do 3 monitors.
-2 LG 27" L.E.D. monitors (I plan to get 1 more)

Please tell me what you guys think, and please be honest. Also. I would really like to see everyone elses builds, build sheet. Thanks in advance!

Post subject: Re: My 1st custom rig, Share thoughts/tips/changes please!
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 7:33 pm 
Klamath
Klamath

Well looks like it runs... Lol. Nice job, looks like a pretty clean and sound build. I like that case! Would post some pics but my last build was years ago but may build a new one soon!