Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:07 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Intel 2600k cpu cooling sugguestion
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:14 am 

I have a Intel 2600k cpu and this case http://www.thermaltakeusa.com/product.a ... 08&id=1967 ... Unsure about which cpu cooling system or fan to get for it...I'm runing at 140 farenheit while gaming ...thanks in advance.

Post subject: Re: Intel 2600k cpu cooling sugguestion
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 2:03 pm 
Thunderbird
Thunderbird

how much you willing to spend?

depending on your ram configuration (tall ram heatspeaders get in way of some coolers sometimes.) you could fit most things with in reason it looks like

so

cheap end Hyper212+ ($25~ish) (this is what I have with my overclocked I5-2500K (4.3Ghz ) I get temps in the 50Cs in games and 70C~ish running LinX for stablity testing) with 2x Gelid Silent 12 PWM fans
(i found the stock fan pretty annoying at higher rpms so i replaced it w/ the two Gelid fans.

or

there is the Hyper 212 Evo $34 (new and improved apparently hyper212)

the Corsair A70 is $28~ish after a rebate on newegg right now.

you could also get a Closed loop water cooling thing

like the corsair H60 or the H100(looks like the h100 would fit the top fan slots of that case?? (i think... but you might wanna double check) or other corsair H series coolers or the Antec ones..

you could get a higher end air cooler like the

Noctua NH-U12P SE2

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6835608014

for that matter you could go nutz and build a custom Water cooling loop just figure on $350~ish or so for that (could be $$$ more could be a bit less...depending .. you could probably basically spend as much as you wanted if you go that way)

if it was me (and it was :D ) I'd get a hyper 212+ or Evo and call it a day... there are better coolers but for the money the hyper212 does a bang up job.

Post subject: Re: Intel 2600k cpu cooling sugguestion
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:29 am 

kool thank you very much just got the hype212+ from bestbuy for 26 bucks with free shipping...The reviews on it are very good also can't wait to install it :-)

maddingo wrote:
how much you willing to spend?

depending on your ram configuration (tall ram heatspeaders get in way of some coolers sometimes.) you could fit most things with in reason it looks like

so

cheap end Hyper212+ ($25~ish) (this is what I have with my overclocked I5-2500K (4.3Ghz ) I get temps in the 50Cs in games and 70C~ish running LinX for stablity testing) with 2x Gelid Silent 12 PWM fans
(i found the stock fan pretty annoying at higher rpms so i replaced it w/ the two Gelid fans.

or

there is the Hyper 212 Evo $34 (new and improved apparently hyper212)

the Corsair A70 is $28~ish after a rebate on newegg right now.

you could also get a Closed loop water cooling thing

like the corsair H60 or the H100(looks like the h100 would fit the top fan slots of that case?? (i think... but you might wanna double check) or other corsair H series coolers or the Antec ones..

you could get a higher end air cooler like the

Noctua NH-U12P SE2

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6835608014

for that matter you could go nutz and build a custom Water cooling loop just figure on $350~ish or so for that (could be $$$ more could be a bit less...depending .. you could probably basically spend as much as you wanted if you go that way)

if it was me (and it was :D ) I'd get a hyper 212+ or Evo and call it a day... there are better coolers but for the money the hyper212 does a bang up job.