Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:51 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Drivers
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:32 pm 

So, I've recently built my first PC, and all that's left to do is install windows, updates, and the drivers. What drivers do I need for a gaming PC, what are the best ones, and where can I find them?

Thank you. :)

Post subject: Re: Drivers
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:37 pm 
Smithfield
Smithfield

The motherboard and video card should have came with CDs with drivers to get you started. Though you should always go to the manufacturer to see if there's anything more up to date, especially the video card drivers.

If you want us to do your homework for you, you need to tell us the manufacturer and model of the motherboard and video card. Or in fact, just give us the hardware list.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:40 pm 

I just wasn't sure where to get the most up to date drivers. Knowing that I think I can find them on my own.

Thank you for the help.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:43 pm 

Okay, well I've found the video card driver off the manufacturer's site, and I'm getting my drivers for the motherboard right now. After watching the how to build a computer videos on newegg I know I need a audio, usb, nic, and chip set driver. I found the audio driver easily enough, but I don't know about the other ones. There are two usb drivers that I could install and I'm not sure which one I need, and I have no idea which the others are.

I would really appreciate if you all could tell me which ones I need out of the list, and if there's any others that would be a good idea to download.

http://www.asrock.com/mb/download.asp?Model=Z77%20Extreme4&o=Win764

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:52 am 
Little Foot
Little Foot

You need everything labeled Drivers except for the SATA RAID unless you have a RAID array in your PC. The Appcharger and LucidMVP you'd have to check a readme or your Mobo's manual to see if you want them but they are just software. I have an ASUS mobo so those names are similar to me.

I would ignore the Intel Rapid Start as it just seems like Intels version of a Sleep state and automatic waking up while in a sleep state.....seems kind of pointless. Intel SmartConnect also seems useless. Supposedly it just keeps programs you select with an open end to the internet (and constantly updating) even while the computer is asleep. Since your not using these applications when your computer is asleep why do they even need to be updating?? Pointless to me unless you find you need it.