Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:11 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Need help with new liquid cooling build
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:02 pm 

Hey everyone!
So my desktop is currently liquid cooled by the Thermaltake Big-Water kit (Which just cooles my CPU), but with recent upgrades to my computer I'd like to liquid cool my Video Cards as well.
Basically I'd like an entire new liquid cooling system (pump, tubes, rigs, etc) but I need some assistance in selecting the right pumps and blocks etc.

My specs are:
Case: Coolermaster NVIDIA edition Mid tower case
MOBO: Asus rampage III
Ram: 8 GB ddr3 ram
Video Cards: x2 evga gtx 460 768MB in SLI
CPU: Intel I7 870 2.93GHz
PSU: 800 watts

I would like proper blocks for my 2 video cards, a block for my CPU, a pump, a resevoir, and all of the required fittings and other parts needed.
any help would be apreciated! :)

p.s price isnt too big of an issue, just dont choose the most expensive everything

Post subject: Re: Need help with new liquid cooling build
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:08 pm 
Little Foot
Little Foot

For anything water go with EK. They make the best blocks on the market with the highest flow rates and the best cooling. Their CPU block (Supreme HF Rev.2) also allows you to fine tune your system with changing out the jet plates for different flow rates. I do believe they make a water block for your motherboard as well. For the pump the Swiftech 665 is one of the best with high flow rate and I've only heard of 1 going out and that was after 2 years of operation. My friend runs his 24/7 for the past 3years without issue. As for radiators, well that's kind of a toss up. Just read the specs and pick the one with the most fins per inch or FPI as some boxes say. Also get some nice fans like the Sythe Slipstream that crank out 110CFM and get the 7mm thick rubber gaskets because it will deaden the sound A LOT, same with an airbox as well. My fans are on the outside of my case and after adding the gaskets and airbox it went from a crazy loud system to a mild 40db hum. Check out FrozenCPU.com for your water stuff, they're like the newegg for water cooling with great customer support.

My favorite water is Feser One. Because after a line blew off of a friends system, soaking it while it was still on, nothing bad happened to the computer except becoming wet lol. We dried it off and fired the computer back up and all was well.

Post subject: Re: Need help with new liquid cooling build
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:06 pm 

As the previous poster stated; EK is about the best there is for everything "water-cooled", you can start here http://www.coolingconfigurator.com/ , then once that is done (and you get an idea of what you'll be needing), check out their online store as they have recently (within the last 6 months) added full-blown kits to their lineup.

You can start with a kit, then build on it http://www.ekwaterblocks.com/shop/kits-cases/kits.html (even though these kits are listed on EK's website, they're easily attainable just about anywhere in the U.S. and Canada)

Here's one more link for you to start researching everything there is to know about water-cooling your computer http://www.overclock.net/water-cooling/226970-water-cooling-essential-threads.html

Hope all this helps you in switching to the darkside; but beware, once you start...there is no going back to "air-cooling".

B.