Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:13 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Watercooling need advice
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:52 pm 

I want to upgrade to a full water cooling system. Main use gaming. And will have 3 32" monitors.
My current system, MOBO Sabertooth x58, CPU Intel I7 950, Storage= 60 gig Gskill Sniper SSD (for OS) and 1T W.D. Caviar Black,( both into Sata 6gig), Dual xfx hd 6850s in crossfire. Killer 2100 Network card. 12 gigs Dominator 1600 ddr3
I know some of what im suggesting is overkill. But i want to do it anyways.
Moving to A NZXT phantom Black with Orange inlay.
If I cant find mobo water blocks I may upgrade my motherboard. I hate the Sabertooth Green even though its a great Mobo. Or thinking of moving to A gigabyte x58 Oc. The Black and orange one. Suggestions?
I am going to water cool my 6850s, again may be overkill. Thinking of adding a third card. Any reason i should not? And I will water cool that as well.
I want to run two loops. Im thinking of putting One Double rad on top and one triple on the back of the case.
Should I run two pumps? or can I get away with one for space reasons. I have room for a double bay res. And/or a tube res.
Room is not an issue. Noise is not an issue. Money not a huge issue. But want to stay around 1k.
I am modding my case to fit my personal taste. My first Phantom was just a practice run.
Can someone tell me where I can get the software that lets me layout my system before I buy anything so I can plan for my tubing and fittings?
Is buying a Corsair AX1200 a bad idea? I do want this setup somewhat future proof as well. And will have multiple cold cathodes. Someone told me it was a stupid idea. Overkill, mabey. But like I said I want overkill.
my current rig, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePTkVmXQZRQ
I know I can count on these forums to help finish this off.
Thanks RaginNoob :)

Post subject: Re: Watercooling need advice
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:42 am 
Little Foot
Little Foot

You can NOT do triple crossfire on the 6850's as they only allow for a dual crossfire set up. You would need to upgrade to a 69xx series for anything over dual crossfire.

The Corsair AX1200 is what I run and it's an amazing PSU. It's also the best of the best out right now and has practicaly no ripple in the rails.

Water on everything is only "overkill" if you don't plan to overclock your components and tweak stuff. The rad set up is about right, you'll want one dual for the CPU and mobo loop and a triple for the vid cards. I'm running a quad rad off my SLI 580's and single 140mm off the CPU before it hits the mobo blocks all on a single loop. If you run a single loop just make sure you get a high flow pump like the Swiftech 655 and get high flow blocks like EK, which is who I only buy from because they flow the best.

Check out FrozenCPU.com for your parts. They are like the newegg of watercooling with great customer care. When I ordered one of my rads from them it didn't come with the screws and they sent me double the screws that it was supposed to come with, without question.

If you want shoot me a PM with your email and I'll send you pictures of my water set up so you can get an idea of what you'll need to order.