Maximum PC

It is currently Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:11 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: My cases
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:28 pm 
Klamath
Klamath

Just thought I'd post some of my work.

This was my first case! I did it back in 2005 for a friend who re-upped.

Image[/img]

I think it's the flash that makes it look this way, in person it's just OD green. Well that and I added lettering "Marines" to the side, and a red diamond on front with an EGA from the dress blues cover. Forgot to get pics though...Damned stomach virus!

(Notice the M1A1 Abrams on the window, I also had a couple of green LEDs on the side that really set that off.)

After going through a couple of practise cases, and general painting I did this for my nephew. It was an old HP.

Then this; which is both a homage to my favorite NHL team, and processor at that time, the Athlon 64x2 4400+.

Got bored happened to have an old Raidmax and...Well I think it was my best case to date.

These were commission work, and I had fun doing them.

This is where my current system resides, even though I'm working on a new case for it. (Based on the Black Templar theme from Warhammer 40K)

Anyway I hope this inspires somebody, painting a case is fun and as I stated before in another thread it takes ultra balls to make that commitment, and practice makes perfect.

Thanks for looking!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:32 pm 
Team Member
Team Member

Great job on painting those things up man. As someone with little artistic talent, I'm always impressed by others who have that talent. That's just great. I wish I could do something like that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:47 am 
Million Club [PC]
Million Club [PC]

great paint jobs, and I don't mean to hate on your paint work, that is quite good. But just painting a case isn't really a "mod" IMHO. Anyone who can paint can do that, but can someone who doesn't know anything about computers or metalworking modify a case to offer improved airflow? To accomodate more components? Or just change the shape of the case for asthetics at least? If you say you cut some of those side windows out, ok, then that's a mod and not just a paint job. Not a really extensive one, but a mod nonetheless. For example, I just saw a portal-themed mod be posted. If you look at that topic, now that is a real case mod.
Great paint jobs though, I really don't dislike your work or am criticizing you. Just making a point.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:10 am 
Monkey Fed [PC]
Monkey Fed [PC]

He never said he "modded" cases. He said he painted them, and wanted to show off his design work. Dood has some seriously nice paint jobs going on there. This section of the forums allows for both. Don't be a dick.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:58 am 
Million Club [PC]
Million Club [PC]

I wasn't trying to... I told him that his paint jobs were great. Just making a point. Like I already said twice, the paint jobs are awesome.
Its all good, its just I was a little bothered that I tried specifically to not be a dick whilst making my point... I could have been a lot more critical, but the reason I wasn't is because those are great paint jobs. I like them, they look great. But they're not mods. All I'm saying.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:17 pm 
Million Club
Million Club

Damn nice painting skills I wish I could do that :p

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:24 pm 
Klamath
Klamath

No offense taken, thanks, for the comments non the less.

However I would actually have to disagree painting is modifing something from the original state...that aside. I did do some Demel work on some of these, like cutting off the "S" on the raidbax, opening up the rear fan space (that damned mesh) and added a few special LEDs. (Orange on the Bengals HDD indicators, Green that lit up that Abrams on the 1st MarDiv) I also had a Shuttle XPC that I cut a hole on the side, and added a fan to blow across the memory.

Technically, what some people are calling mod I would call fabrication.