4 7%  7%  [ 1 ]
5 7%  7%  [ 1 ]
6 7%  7%  [ 1 ]
7 27%  27%  [ 4 ]
8 27%  27%  [ 4 ]
9 7%  7%  [ 1 ]
10 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 15
 Post subject: My first work in progress.... (Antec 300 Mod) (Updated)
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 5:40 pm 
Little Foot
Little Foot

Currently I have a side view window on my case which I added myself:

I have also modified the top 140mm fan port for the use of a 120mm fan and a couple other small modifications for better cable management. Here are the results afterward:

The case looks rough and it will be repainted black along with the interior as well. I will post once I have finished with that.

Tell me what you think. I know it isn't as extravagant as some other people's mods, but I like it. It is about 75-80% finished. After everything gets painted, I will be eventually adding in blue cold cathodes.

I would give myself an 8/10 thus far seeing as how it is my first case mod.

For my cables, I would give myself a 9/10 since they are not perfect but far better than before.

UPDATED PICS:

Sorry about the some of the picture quality D:

Case Panel off:

Case Panel On!:

In teh dark (sorry about the picture quality):

Teh Front:

Teh Back (The paint job isn't perfect but it isn't all that noticable if you do not pay attention to it :D):

Teh Top (notice the awesome wooden 140mm to 120mm bracket I made!):

Innards:

Bottom cathode converter box hidden with on and off switches for top and bottom cathodes :D :

Top cathode converter box hidden away ninja style:

Bottom Cathodes:

Top Cathodes:

Bottom cathode wiring:

Exhaust fan wiring hole :D :

Front panel under-the-motherboard routing hole:

Front panel wiring slipped through hole ninja style:

Meh mess o' wire hidden from site (:ninja:):

Semi-overview of wiring:

OH NOEZ!

e-e damn ding from installing PSU (it is always a pain in the ass to get it in, but it is now even harder!):

Damn handles didn't turn out well but oh well:
Setup of AWESOMENESS!

Rate my please!

Edit: Edited do to small spelling errors

Last edited by Lord Omega on Sun Apr 12, 2009 1:56 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 5:44 pm 
Million Club 2+ [PC]*
Million Club 2+ [PC]*

Is that the only way your CPU heatsink/fan combo will orient? It should be with the fan facing the front of the computer. As it is, any heat coming off the back of the GPU and the shipset is being pulled into your CPU heatsink.

If it's possible, orient that cpu cooler properly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 5:50 pm 
Little Foot
Little Foot

I can't because of the Kaze I have on it. >.> But my chipset stays rather cool and my GPU doesn't get that hot (maybe 65C). The side fan helps move the air around and the front fans help push it so that it cools quickly. Currently my temps are (with Kaze and slipstreams):

32-33C Idle

63 Load

Before the Ultra Kaze (3000RPM) and slipstreams, my temps were:

35-36C Idle

68C Load

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 5:20 am 
Willamette
Willamette

nice job, i just wouldnt have shown the drive bays, and take a file to the metal, make it look good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 12:05 pm 
Little Foot
Little Foot

Thanks. Hopefully my dad will have the black paint for me Monday. The edges on my side panel are not absolutely prefect, but I if I file them, it should be fine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:48 am 
Little Foot
Little Foot

UPDATE

Mod is finished (for the most part). Will be posting pics when I get home

Sorry about the double post.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:24 am 
Monkey Federation (Top 10)*
Monkey Federation (Top 10)*

It isn't a double post when they are done on separate days. ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:19 pm 
Little Foot
Little Foot

Post for update

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 10:44 pm 
Northwood
Northwood

No, but you may wanna get some duct tape in here to fix the broken tables. PS, you're SATA cables make me hungry for curly fries. Gee, thanks for that, Arby's is closed this time of night, and I am not going back to Wal-Mart at 1/4 to 3am.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 1:49 pm 
Little Foot
Little Foot

Edited do to disrespectfulness.

Last edited by Lord Omega on Sun Apr 12, 2009 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 4:06 pm 
Monkey Fed [PC]
Monkey Fed [PC]

Actually, you ARE breaking the tables. What that really means in English is that one of your pictures you posted here is too big, causing people to have to scroll. The limit on pic size here is currently 1024x768. It would be nice if you could resize your pic. If you have an issue with this rule, take it up with an Admin, they're the ones that made it.

Last edited by bigtoyota479 on Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 7:42 pm 
Northwood
Northwood

Lord Omega wrote:
Okay, I was good and edited my post.

Wow, and I thought I said some stupid things in here. Bigtoyota made my case about the broken tables. Quite a few of us have been told about that, during our first postings. I was making a simple observation about how your cables resembled curly fries, which I absolutely love to eat, and how they made me hungry. I think you need serious anger management classes if you're going to go around spewing filth like that, especially when it's completely uncalled for. You got an issue with someone, talk to an admin, or @ least PM the poster, no need for 'tudes like that. And btw, randomly spouting off at the mouth about somebody's parents, and/or life issues/non-issues is a big no-no, and sometimes nets you a ban, so just play nicey-nice. Another note, don't paint your cables black, as it'll look like crap over time. The paint simply won't hold up, especially if you move them around at all. Even the Plastikote stuff does that. Paint just simply doesn't adhere well to SATA cables, for some odd reason. Also, I had absolutely no reason to read your post at all, in order to make my observation about curly fries, as I don't give a crap whether you like your cables or not. I happen to like orange a lot, so what? Just because you don't, doesn't mean I have to read about it before typing something into the computer.

Last edited by JC's Demon Slayer on Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 8:53 pm 
Little Foot
Little Foot

I can fix the pics. I just cannot do it right now since I do not have time.

Last edited by Lord Omega on Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 8:55 pm 
Monkey Fed [PC]
Monkey Fed [PC]

Thanks for fixing your pics!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:14 pm 
Little Foot
Little Foot

JC's Demon Slayer wrote:
Lord Omega wrote:
Okay, I'm a moron.

Wow, and I thought I said some stupid things in here. Bigtoyota made my case about the broken tables. Quite a few of us have been told about that, during our first postings. I was making a simple observation about how your cables resembled curly fries, which I absolutely love to eat, and how they made me hungry. I think you need serious anger management classes if you're going to go around spewing filth like that, especially when it's completely uncalled for. You got an issue with someone, talk to an admin, or @ least PM the poster, no need for 'tudes like that. And btw, randomly spouting off at the mouth about somebody's parents, and/or life issues/non-issues is a big no-no, and sometimes nets you a ban, so just play nicey-nice. Another note, don't paint your cables black, as it'll look like crap over time. The paint simply won't hold up, especially if you move them around at all. Even the Plastikote stuff does that. Paint just simply doesn't adhere well to SATA cables, for some odd reason. Also, I had absolutely no reason to read your post at all, in order to make my observation about curly fries, as I don't give a crap whether you like your cables or not. I happen to like orange a lot, so what? Just because you don't, doesn't mean I have to read about it before typing something into the computer.

My actions earlier were uncalled for, thus I have deleted my post and sent you a formal PM. Any kind of hostilities I would like to leave in the past now. Thank you for letting me know about my SATA cables not being able to be painted.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:08 am 
Northwood
Northwood

No prob, Bob. Let's just keep this ship clean, now, alright guys? That's how we likes to roll, up in this piece.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:22 pm 
Team Creamsicles
Team Creamsicles

Decent job for a first mod. some of the stuff could have been a bit cleaner, but overall, good job.

8/10

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:52 am 
Little Foot
Little Foot

Thanks man. I know some of it could have been better but for the most part the things that are meh are because of my inexperience and the fact I was somewhat rushing (I wanted my baby back!).... In future mods, I plan on taking my time and doing things the right way, not rush through things.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:17 pm 
Team Creamsicles
Team Creamsicles

Hey no problem :) I have a few questions though. What did you use to cut out the hole for the side window from the case itself? Did you use plexi-glass? If yes, then how much did it cost for that smallish section of plexi?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:40 pm 
Little Foot
Little Foot

avanish11 wrote:
Hey no problem :) I have a few questions though. What did you use to cut out the hole for the side window from the case itself? Did you use plexi-glass? If yes, then how much did it cost for that smallish section of plexi?

I had my dad take it to his work where they have a fab shop. There they probably used a drill press (they got one big ass bad boy there) and put it on it highest speed. Then went and drilled slowly (about half way through and then flipped it and drilled the other way). Also, they piece I got I believe was a 2x2, 2x3, or 3x3 sheet (which it is acrylic). It was like 30 bucks at Lowes (here in the US)