Maximum PC

It is currently Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:32 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Case design
PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 4:39 pm 
Team Member Top 500
Team Member Top 500

Hi modders,

So I'm playing with my Solidworks program and toying with some new case designs. Hence I've got most of the internal components modeled.

I can output what I like to call the .pdf for 3-D, an eDrawing file. Comes with self extracting viewer. I've just gotten a file hosting site setup and here's a link if you're so inclined :)

NPC asy.zip

This is just a 1st draft and doesn't really do what I wanted it to, i.e. you can't rotate the parts very well and save. And the parts don't stay together through their assigned joinings. But one can rearrange the items for a cool view.

I plan to do some alt versions and updates for details. If anyone has an alt. file format, just make a suggestion, I'll see what I can do. Thx. :!:

Hope someone can have fun with this :idea: .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 7:23 pm 
Team Member Top 250
Team Member Top 250

Well, having no experience in SolidWorks, yet have a copy of '08 laying around, I like the basic design. To narrow it down what type of case are you going to design? SFF, full tower, mid tower?

Post subject: re: case design
PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 7:57 pm 
Team Member Top 500
Team Member Top 500

Really, just got that laying around eh? Mine is like 1200-bucks.

Well, as always I'll probable use stuff I have around the house. I'd like to a do a wood case, but that's gona take some effort to design a look/style.

So before that I'm starting with laminate flooring material, strong, tough but hard on cutting blades. I'm trying to keep the cutting as simple as possible.

I'm thinking of a setup to max. cooling effect, very open, open screen panels, minimal structure? Something modular might work out nice, just not sure yet. I'm not real worried about foot print, but it should be moveable if need be. Looks wise, I like being able to see the hardware but that's not for everyone.

I was toying with the idea to make it look like a dresser, but that just doesn't fit the open air style. I can always bolt on a theme.

I'm more about the mechenics of layout then look, which is actually not helping me link it all together.