Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:08 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Adding a window to your case
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 12:59 pm 
Little Foot
Little Foot

This question would really apply to any case, but I'm looking at a Lian Li PC-V1100 Plus ( not the one with the side fan ) which has super quiet fans and sound dampening on it. Looks really nice but it doesn't have a side window :O :O. So I'll add one on myself or have some place do it for me.

My question is, because the window obviously won't have sound dampening on it, would the case get significantly louder if I put on the window or just a little bit. Don't want to spend money on a quiet case if it's not quiet. I realize it'll go up some with just the window, but how much? What about with a quiet fan?

Post subject: re: Adding a window to your case
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 3:26 pm 
Team Member Top 500
Team Member Top 500

hmmm,

if the area ur removing has some sound dampening on it, sure, but the fans already being quite should minimize that. Then again it's usally ur CPU fan that makes most noise.

well I have a clear xoxide case, so from my case noise, which is sugnificant(15-fans) and stock AMD fan on 5600 64x2 athlon(noisest item), the clear window will increase your sound lvl. but if the noise is not too high pitched it should be minimal, casue if it wasn't for my cpu fan whining, i would be very impressed w my fan noise.

I would say larger slower fans are the way to go for low noise lvl. i'm tinking of upgrading my cpu fan just for the noise lvl, nothing to do w cooling temp for my concern, because using the asus fan controlls is fine but then u end up with up and down cycling and that's almost as anoining as being loud.

hope this helps, go for it, it should be tollerable. :).