Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:05 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Case Lighting and LCD
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:43 am 

The latest Dell computers, the 420 and 630 have cool features.

The Dell 420 has the media feature built in with an LCD screen and directional buttons. The 630 has the neat LightFX 2.0.

I enjoy building my own computers and custom airbrushing them. My next step would be to mod or add the feature above. But I do not know where to start.

I have read the forums and seems what other have done, but I am not the drastic. I want it more pretty than outrageous.

Can anyone help point me t the right direction on how i can buy or create items with the similar feature in the dell cases.

These effect would look pretty sweet in the upcoming Antec Twelve Hundred case.

Thank you all in advanced.

--Mediocer--

Post subject: re: Case Lighting and LCD
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:42 am 
Team Member Top 500
Team Member Top 500

hey,

Built a new PC not long ago and I went crazy buying all kinds of lights(neon, neon wire, leds lazerleds, uv lamps, plazma(cool)) from a bunch of suppliers(xoxide, coolerguys, crazypc, not to mention most of the main sources), but there has to be a 1000 suppliers out there.

the neon wire is very cool(to touch also). one mod is to put it into ur keybd, requires dissasembly, ha.

but they have all kinds of lighting stuff, only ur imaination limits u. short, long, almost every color(some cost more), but from 3-20 bucks it's kinda cheap.

Althought u do have to be careful with the plazma, neon or uv, cause it's high voltage and the wire installation can not be cheap or u'll get shocked, I know, this stuff will arc seriously if you have any raw wire/connector exposed in close prox. of grounding, so be carefull.

Not to mention some of the crazy lighted fans u can get, some even type out text like a banner, ha. I went with a lot of uv sleeving and lights for that glow in the dark effect. ha, have fun.