Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:39 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Mad Mod Money
PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 7:30 am 
Monkey Federation (Top 10)*
Monkey Federation (Top 10)*
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2004 1:22 pm
Posts: 27346
Location: In a cage, dumbass.
How much cash have you guys put into your rigs?

I'm curious as to who has put in to most dough.....

Or who has made the sweetest mods for 100, 200, 300, etc caps.

So far I've but in a whopping 168 bucks into mine, but it adds up fast (pix posted once write up is complete)!

How about you guys? How much are we spending to turn our pooters into street queens?


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mad Mod Money
PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 8:17 am 
I'd rather be modding!
I'd rather be modding!
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2004 3:47 pm
Posts: 3731
Location: Las Vegas
Spider Monkey wrote:
How much cash have you guys put into your rigs?

I'm curious as to who has put in to most dough.....

Or who has made the sweetest mods for 100, 200, 300, etc caps.

So far I've but in a whopping 168 bucks into mine, but it adds up fast (pix posted once write up is complete)!

How about you guys? How much are we spending to turn our pooters into street queens?


It would be hard to calculate. My rocket mod is not done and will not be for a while. I have put $200 into it so far.

Manta


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 8:33 am 
Team Member
Team Member
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2004 12:56 am
Posts: 1076
Location: Powder Springs, GA
i put $1.99 in mine for the blue LED in my mouse. The window i cut myself with cut off wheels that i stole from my little brother, and i got a piece of plexi for free from Lowes. the rest of the stuff i havent finished yet, so it will wind up costing more to paint it, put in the lights, etc. but that's all ive spent so far.


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 8:34 am 
Team Member Top 500
Team Member Top 500
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2004 2:22 pm
Posts: 4154
Location: Tampa FL.
I don't keep track. If I need more money I just go pick it off the tree.


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 8:40 am 
Monkey Federation (Top 10)*
Monkey Federation (Top 10)*
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2004 1:22 pm
Posts: 27346
Location: In a cage, dumbass.
XHAOS wrote:
i put $1.99 in mine for the blue LED in my mouse. The window i cut myself with cut off wheels that i stole from my little brother, and i got a piece of plexi for free from Lowes. the rest of the stuff i havent finished yet, so it will wind up costing more to paint it, put in the lights, etc. but that's all ive spent so far.


Wht the heck does "The window i cut myself with cut off wheels" mean?


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 9:36 am 
I'd rather be modding!
I'd rather be modding!
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2004 3:47 pm
Posts: 3731
Location: Las Vegas
Spider Monkey wrote:
XHAOS wrote:
i put $1.99 in mine for the blue LED in my mouse. The window i cut myself with cut off wheels that i stole from my little brother, and i got a piece of plexi for free from Lowes. the rest of the stuff i havent finished yet, so it will wind up costing more to paint it, put in the lights, etc. but that's all ive spent so far.


Wht the heck does "The window i cut myself with cut off wheels" mean?


He used a rotary tool to cut a plexyglass clear window for is case. He stole the Cutoff wheels (basically a blade for the rotary tool) from his brother. Saveing him thousands (of pennies) possibly.

http://www.widgetsupply.com/page/WS/CTGY/dremel-cut-off

Ok Hundereds

Manta


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 9:48 am 
Monkey Federation (Top 10)*
Monkey Federation (Top 10)*
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2004 1:22 pm
Posts: 27346
Location: In a cage, dumbass.
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Thank you for the much needed clarification!


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 10:41 am 
Team Member
Team Member
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2004 12:56 am
Posts: 1076
Location: Powder Springs, GA
MantaBase wrote:
He used a rotary tool to cut a plexyglass clear window for is case. He stole the Cutoff wheels (basically a blade for the rotary tool) from his brother. Saveing him thousands (of pennies) possibly.

http://www.widgetsupply.com/page/WS/CTGY/dremel-cut-off

Ok Hundereds

Manta

yes ... actually, a pack of like 3 of those wheels is $5, so i actually saved about $15.


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 10:45 am 
Monkey Federation (Top 10)*
Monkey Federation (Top 10)*
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2004 1:22 pm
Posts: 27346
Location: In a cage, dumbass.
XHAOS wrote:
MantaBase wrote:
He used a rotary tool to cut a plexyglass clear window for is case. He stole the Cutoff wheels (basically a blade for the rotary tool) from his brother. Saveing him thousands (of pennies) possibly.

http://www.widgetsupply.com/page/WS/CTGY/dremel-cut-off

Ok Hundereds

Manta

yes ... actually, a pack of like 3 of those wheels is $5, so i actually saved about $15.


You went through 9 friggin wheels? I wanna see this mod.


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 12:52 pm 
Willamette
Willamette
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2004 3:34 pm
Posts: 1182
Location: So Cal
Spider Monkey wrote:
XHAOS wrote:
MantaBase wrote:
He used a rotary tool to cut a plexyglass clear window for is case. He stole the Cutoff wheels (basically a blade for the rotary tool) from his brother. Saveing him thousands (of pennies) possibly.

http://www.widgetsupply.com/page/WS/CTGY/dremel-cut-off

Ok Hundereds

Manta

yes ... actually, a pack of like 3 of those wheels is $5, so i actually saved about $15.


You went through 9 friggin wheels? I wanna see this mod.


he has the mouse mod, which is in this forum (unless the mods didnt move it when the OC and MOD seperated)

it was just a little window in a mouse with a blue LED light in it


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 12:54 pm 
I'd rather be modding!
I'd rather be modding!
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2004 3:47 pm
Posts: 3731
Location: Las Vegas
Spider Monkey wrote:
XHAOS wrote:
MantaBase wrote:
He used a rotary tool to cut a plexyglass clear window for is case. He stole the Cutoff wheels (basically a blade for the rotary tool) from his brother. Saveing him thousands (of pennies) possibly.

http://www.widgetsupply.com/page/WS/CTGY/dremel-cut-off

Ok Hundereds

Manta

yes ... actually, a pack of like 3 of those wheels is $5, so i actually saved about $15.


You went through 9 friggin wheels? I wanna see this mod.


Those cutoff wheels rarely last very long. They are designed to cut small pieces of metal like nails and such. I coould see going through a few for a window of 1/4" plexy.

Manta


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 12:54 pm 
Willamette
Willamette
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2004 3:34 pm
Posts: 1182
Location: So Cal
mouse mod

http://www.maximumpc.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=628

there


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 7:56 pm 
Team Member
Team Member
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2004 12:56 am
Posts: 1076
Location: Powder Springs, GA
Spider Monkey wrote:
You went through 9 friggin wheels? I wanna see this mod.

i dont have my webcam or my digital camera handy, so i just found a picture of the design i cut into my case ... im thinking about abandoning the case tho cuz i really dont like it.
Image


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mad Mod Money
PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2004 5:10 pm 
Bitchin' Fast 3D Z8000*
Bitchin' Fast 3D Z8000*
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2004 11:32 pm
Posts: 2555
Location: Somewhere between compilation and linking
MantaBase wrote:
Spider Monkey wrote:
How much cash have you guys put into your rigs?

I'm curious as to who has put in to most dough.....

Or who has made the sweetest mods for 100, 200, 300, etc caps.

So far I've but in a whopping 168 bucks into mine, but it adds up fast (pix posted once write up is complete)!

How about you guys? How much are we spending to turn our pooters into street queens?


It would be hard to calculate. My rocket mod is not done and will not be for a while. I have put $200 into it so far.

Manta

Let me guess.... wireless keyboard and mouse? :)


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mad Mod Money
PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2004 6:43 pm 
I'd rather be modding!
I'd rather be modding!
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2004 3:47 pm
Posts: 3731
Location: Las Vegas
Gadget wrote:
MantaBase wrote:
Spider Monkey wrote:
How much cash have you guys put into your rigs?

I'm curious as to who has put in to most dough.....

Or who has made the sweetest mods for 100, 200, 300, etc caps.

So far I've but in a whopping 168 bucks into mine, but it adds up fast (pix posted once write up is complete)!

How about you guys? How much are we spending to turn our pooters into street queens?


It would be hard to calculate. My rocket mod is not done and will not be for a while. I have put $200 into it so far.

Manta

Let me guess.... wireless keyboard and mouse? :)


Yeah - and a really long extension cord :)

Manta


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mad Mod Money
PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2004 7:54 pm 
Bitchin' Fast 3D Z8000*
Bitchin' Fast 3D Z8000*
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2004 11:32 pm
Posts: 2555
Location: Somewhere between compilation and linking
MantaBase wrote:
Gadget wrote:
MantaBase wrote:
Spider Monkey wrote:
How much cash have you guys put into your rigs?

I'm curious as to who has put in to most dough.....

Or who has made the sweetest mods for 100, 200, 300, etc caps.

So far I've but in a whopping 168 bucks into mine, but it adds up fast (pix posted once write up is complete)!

How about you guys? How much are we spending to turn our pooters into street queens?


It would be hard to calculate. My rocket mod is not done and will not be for a while. I have put $200 into it so far.

Manta

Let me guess.... wireless keyboard and mouse? :)


Yeah - and a really long extension cord :)

Manta

That just gave me an idea.... a computer on a kite. :)

I was thinking about this while riding my bike a minute ago. I would really like a remote desktop / vnc type of app that worked from my palm/cell phone. Now that is what I need.... :)


Top
  Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group