Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Fri Dec 26, 2014 8:08 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Avoid the Zombies
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 6:30 pm 
I'd rather be modding!
I'd rather be modding!

Lets try to leave threads more than 3 months old (from last post) alone. They lived a happy life. Let them die a happy death.

Exceptions: If its your own thread and you have a relevant update. If its a "how to" thread and you have a question.

If you have a question about something in an old thread (that doesn't fit the exceptions), start a new thread and link to the post/thread if you need to.

I don't want to have to start locking old threads - I have enough to do just brushing my teeth and feeding the cat.

Manta

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:40 pm 
Team Member Top 250
Team Member Top 250

brains BRAINS! BRAINSZ!

sorry couln't help it

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 8:55 pm 
Boy in Black
Boy in Black

Chris, I'm still linking to threads over 2 (4) years old. Not sure if that's an issue or not, but it could be a cause of some bumps.

Instead of posting new stuff over again, I'm just linking. The search feature, if used, would end at the same turn out.

I, myself, don't want old stuff locked. And I don't want to do them again just to stay at the top of some list since it's really the same stuff over and over again.

I'm just protecting myself. If I need to post new stuff monthly, I would like reason to do so. And if anyone else does, Why? If it's old and gets a bump, cool. It's then made relevant by the bump itself. If it's spam bumps, you can landfill them.

It's just not too much work IMO, unless you're spread too thin for "other" reasons. We can get you help.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:05 pm 
I'd rather be modding!
I'd rather be modding!

Chumly wrote:
Chris, I'm still linking to threads over 2 (4) years old. Not sure if that's an issue or not, but it could be a cause of some bumps.

It will only be locked if it is a problem. Still, Locking it doesn't mean you can't link to it. I don't mind the occasional bump, but a few new members were bumping 2 or more threads a day.