Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:04 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Services that paint cases
PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 1:31 pm 

Hello. I am interested in having a case painted. I like CoolerMaster's cases but I wanted one in red, possibly with a logo. Are there any companies out there that sell cases that they will paint? (or maybe offer paint services if you send them your case). I wanted a high quality paint job... automotive grade within a reasonable price. if no one knows of any companies that provide such a service, what is the best way to paint an aluminum case at home? i want auto quality.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 1:49 pm 

aha! trusty maximum pc... a diy on case painting appears in the may '01 issue.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 2:05 pm 
Smithfield*
Smithfield*

www.smoothcreations.com they do a sweet sweeeeeet job and painted the case in the upgrade issue with the hot orange and the SS with the flag and stuff, they do a great job.....for a high price.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 2:51 pm 

smooth creations makes killer paint job, no doubt, but the orange SS case in the upgrade issue cost $800 dollars to paint! i rather take my chances, buy a cheaper case and test my luck with some spray paint.

thanx for the tip gramaton cleric, btw.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 2:52 pm 
Team Member
Team Member

u could probly take it to any car body shop and tell them u want them to paint your case and they should do it, mite hafta look around for 1 that can do logos and stuff like that tho. or u could just get it painted and get a decal of the logo.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 3:00 pm 

XHAOS, i contacted a local motorcycle paint shop today. i asked for a quote.

i also found this site: http://www.tekido.com/index.htm if anyone was interested.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 4:52 pm 
Smithfield*
Smithfield*

that looks like a pretty good alternative to smoothcreations. they have some god art effects there too....i like.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 10:23 pm 
Boy in Black
Boy in Black

Ummm...I'm trying to rent a shop up here so i can show Monkeyboy how to work on Jeeps ;) But I'll still be painting cycles and such as long as the EPA doesn't catch me. I owe One4U2C a paint job, and if it works out I'll see if I can fit some cheaper work in for MPC members...waiting game starts....now!

Smooth creations is expensive, but that's because it's quality. So, keep that in mind. It was sort of the purpose I made that thread showing what goes on, but it's worth anything $400 and up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 10:47 pm 
Contributing Writer
Contributing Writer

Chumly wrote:
I owe One4U2C a paint job, and if it works out I'll see if I can fit some cheaper work in for MPC members...waiting game starts....now!

And I actually have a case worth painting now!

Hope you get settled into your new hours soon, the forum ain't the same without you hanging around man.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 3:52 am 
Smithfield*
Smithfield*

well i guess i would be second in line right :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 5:11 am 

i emailed a local boyd/paint shop and they were so rude! i guess ill just take my buisness elsewhere. im sure im not the first to ask them to paint something other than a bike/helmet. grrr. no need to be rude.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 3:13 pm 
Boy in Black
Boy in Black

ssasal wrote:
i emailed a local boyd/paint shop and they were so rude! i guess ill just take my buisness elsewhere. im sure im not the first to ask them to paint something other than a bike/helmet. grrr. no need to be rude.
I agree. There is no reason at all for a business to turn away work rudely if it's in their field of work. I wouldn't do that anyway...How hard would it to reply, "I'm sorry, but our business is not aligned to be able to fulfill your request. Perhaps we can suggest..."?

I guess they don't even have a glimpse into the possibilty of painting things other than helmets or whatever. If it'll make a profit, it should be doable in my pretty clear ethics.

Perhaps they aren't really painters after all and can only work on one media. It's not really rare for some to get lucky in a niche based on a special demand. It's how TroyLee Designs made a name for themselves (which also shot me down a few years back when asking them to fix a section of a fairly expensive helmet scuffed in a get-off.)

Anyway, no shop yet. I'm eyeing one that I'd love to have, but I'm not digging their contract length as I could still up and move this next year. I get to use my old one this christmas weekend, but with a window just long enough fo finally finish every project I've promised to get returned by the end of the year. Man of my word, and I'll never fall back on agreements.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 10:13 am 

http://www.mnpctech.com does killer custom airbrush jobs and I am sure he will paint a case a solid color. Contact Bill @ pcbuilder@mnpctech.com and tell him DickNervous sent ya! :D

And I promise he will get back to you with a quote.