Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:16 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Painting INSIDE your case...
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 8:22 pm 
Team Member
Team Member

Ok, I want some more reflection of the blue LEDs in my case, so why not use chrome?

I’m going to accent the inside of my case with chrome paint.
One problem is though, it’s bare metal, so I gotta (wanna) prime.

First things first, gotta rip all the crap outa my comp!
You may notice the black dots on the mobo mounts. These are necessary because if the mobo is not grounded (like paint not letting it touch the metal mounts) it can short out your mobo and you’ll need to buy a new one… teh sux0r…

Next step, metal primer, mmmm, Rustoleum…

Once the primer dried, I applied the chrome spray paint. (This paint comes pretty close to actual chrome; you just can’t see it very well in the dark, nor on a camera. Of course, nothing compares to actual chrome…)

Now, this paint does not dry instantly, and I don’t have the patience to sit and watch paint dry, so I came inside to write this. So, I have to protect the paint from dirt, leaves, animals, and the like. So I used a cardboard box and just plopped it on top of it upside down. (If it’s windy make sure you put something somewhat heavy on top of it, like your paint cans maybe!)

Now the inside of my case will reflect the blue light form my LEDs more...

Now I need some UV lighting for my GPU mod. I used Gel pens from Bic (the flourescent ones) to highlight the leads and stuff on my GPU and some of my mobo. It creates a really cool effect that can be seen here. I love this mod...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 9:53 pm 
Million Club 2+ [PC]
Million Club 2+ [PC]

Too much work

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 9:58 pm 
Team Member Top 50
Team Member Top 50

FYI, chrome Spray paint sucks ass. i painted my last case with it

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 10:26 pm 
Boy in Black
Boy in Black

The motherboard posts are not the only point to cover by the way, but also consider the PCI slots. I leave a 1/4" or so bare as a precaution.

And...um...scuff it first. otherwise, pretty simply. Just as a warning to others, it IS simple...but takes time to do it right. If you rustolium the inside, don't plan on installing and removing parts; it scratches.

Holy hell... I forgot to move my pics to my new server and my old "paint your PC with automotive paint" thread is still dead. I'll get that back up, but take a look over there for a better way to paint the insides. Sorry white rabbit...not bad, but there's more professional ways to go about this (man, sounds pretty prudish, I know:p)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 6:07 am 
Team Member
Team Member

Chumly wrote:
Sorry white rabbit...not bad, but there's more professional ways to go about this (man, sounds pretty prudish, I know:p)

I know, I'm just cheap and don't want to do more work than I have to. And I did scuff it first, just forgot to put that part in...