Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:31 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Sticker/Decal Inquiry
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 7:12 am 
Million Club
Million Club

Sorry if this post seems out of place. I didn't know exactly where to put it and this seemed like the closest shot.

The only thing "modded" about my system is the fact that I love to have stickers on it. I don't just slap on any sticker in any haphazard way, however, I'm very mindful of what I apply to my case (plain beige, nothing fancy yet). I only apply logos, stickers and decals to what's inside my rig hardware-wise and do so in a very careful manner - all stickers are aligned to make sure they are even and square with the lines of my case. As it is now, I have an AMD Athlon sticker, Asus motherboard, CoolerMaster and a nice, large nVidia GeForce one as well as one or two I can't really remember at the moment (not at home right now).

I'm curious to know if anyone has any sources on where or how to get more stickers of various manufacturers? For instance, I'd love to have some nice Western Digital decals, maybe even some Antec's for my power supply. I'd even be interested in getting larger or flashier stickers to replace the ones I have, as well as some for software like Windows XP Pro, Norton and Slackware Linux (already know where I can find Slack ones).

Any information would be most appreciated.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 7:48 am 
Northwood
Northwood

I've read posts where people have written to the companies for stuff and see some on ebay.

have you tried making your own? they make sticker paper for printers that works good :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 7:50 am 
Smithfield
Smithfield

Ebay is probably your best bet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 10:34 pm 
Boy in Black
Boy in Black

If you want the OEM style decals, the companies are more that happy to send them to you. I usually get a reply to send a self-addressed envelope and get a handful in a week or so. just drop a nice email.

Otherwise, there's not much else beside making them yourself. I have a screenprinter place here in Cali that makes some for me for projects outside of the PC world. I usually distribute stickers and shirts for my little humble motorcycle hobby and they turn out nice stickers, but I design them. they won't touch trademark stuff, but I'm sure some others will.

I also have places like tapeworks.com make stickers for me as I bash up fairings about once or twice a year:p I recently had them make the "repsol" stickers for my CMstacker project and they turned out great. The website is a bit "aged", but a quick call will get you a more detailed discription of what you'll get (say, you want 3 colors, or what ever and the site isn't clear on how to really order it this way).

But, i'm assuming you just want some OEM stickers, so forget all I just typed and just send a nice email to those people you want your PC branded with. Don't forget to bug Norem for some MPC stickers!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 12:31 am 
Million Club
Million Club

Chumly wrote:
But, i'm assuming you just want some OEM stickers, so forget all I just typed and just send a nice email to those people you want your PC branded with. Don't forget to bug Norem for some MPC stickers!

I've tried asking the companies directly in the past (Western Digital about a few days ago) and have yet to hear any responses from anyone, so that leaves me a bit dissapointed.

... but who is this Norem? Now that I think about it, I would love some nice MaxPC stickers on my rig. That'd rock. :D

Now all I need to do is get a subscription this winter, too...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 12:34 am 
Smithfield
Smithfield

Josh Norem is an editor for MPC.

Here's your subscription, you can pay for it with the change you find in the sofa. http://www.bestdealmagazines.com/title. ... WITHOUT+CD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 7:33 am 
Million Club
Million Club

And how can I contact him? There isn't an e-mail address listed in the MaxPC Personalities section.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 7:27 pm 
Million Club
Million Club

Anyone?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 7:36 pm 
Clawhammer
Clawhammer

Make a post asking him I guess.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 9:02 pm 
Smithfield
Smithfield

Image <--You could send him a Private message with this button

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 9:08 pm 
Million Club
Million Club

Thankee. I didn't know what his forum name was.