Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:47 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: i want an avatar
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 1:27 pm 
Little Foot
Little Foot

hi why can't i have an avatar..i read the faq and it said that i need permission???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 1:38 pm 
Celeron
Celeron

Cause Chams and mods dont want noobs coming here and putting whatever the hell they want for their avatars. Instead, they have the special numbered badges.

As far as permission goes, show that you're intelligent, savvy, cool, whatever and you'll get the privy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 1:43 pm 
Smithfield
Smithfield

ocnoob wrote:
As far as permission goes, show that you're intelligent, savvy, cool, whatever and you'll get the privy.

I dunno dude... I got one and I'm me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 1:51 pm 
Celeron
Celeron

urmumsacow wrote:
I dunno dude... I got one and I'm me.

Which is why I said "whatever". :P :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 3:08 pm 
Little Foot
Little Foot

ocnoob wrote:
Cause Chams and mods dont want noobs coming here and putting whatever the hell they want for their avatars. Instead, they have the special numbered badges.

ok..i kind of agree but still i want to put one...damm i just assembled the car pc i think i know what i am talking about...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 3:39 pm 
Contributing Writer
Contributing Writer

That was an awesome mod (the car PC) - I'd be surprised to see you go too much longer without an avatar. Be patient :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 8:16 pm 
Team Member Top 50
Team Member Top 50

Location: Kicking the crap out of the people who lied to me about using Folding@Home and those who declined!!
i hate this! y do u make a post about this and not get in trouble. u guys yelled at Mani-ax! ur playing favorites arent u! im just saying.....u should get mad at him for being impatient. and wheres my avatar!?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 8:18 pm 
Team Member Top 50
Team Member Top 50

Location: Kicking the crap out of the people who lied to me about using Folding@Home and those who declined!!
u must be rich to be allowed to do that to ur car! id get in so much damn trouble! :oops: that is a really sweet mod though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 10:57 pm 
Little Foot
Little Foot

DrSatan wrote:
i hate this! y do u make a post about this and not get in trouble. u guys yelled at Mani-ax! ur playing favorites arent u! im just saying.....u should get mad at him for being impatient. and wheres my avatar!?

i don't know if you are being sarcastic..but if i wasn't suppose to post this i apologize and the moderator can take this post out...but the reason i asked here is because i thought i just didn't know how to put an avatar...then after i posted i got the answer that i need permission.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 11:01 pm 
Little Foot
Little Foot

DrSatan wrote:
u must be rich to be allowed to do that to ur car! id get in so much damn trouble! :oops: that is a really sweet mod though.

if you have questions or comment about the car pc post it under that tread so other people can read about and we can keep everything organized...by the way i am not rich...and i own the car...so i didn't have to ask for permission to anybody...on top of that the entire project wasn't that expensive...and i can put the entire car back together with orignal parts that i took out from my car.. xcept for the hole under the dashboard that i used to pass the wires for the lcd screen...but you can't see it because it's under the dashboard so technically the car is not "ruined"and i think by having a computer i increased the car value!! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 7:57 am 
Little Foot
Little Foot

Out of curiosity, does one of the mods PM you and say "ok, you can have an avatar now"? I'd like to get an avatar up someday as well, so I'm curious.

Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 8:16 am 
I'd rather be modding!
I'd rather be modding!

Booradley wrote:
Out of curiosity, does one of the mods PM you and say "ok, you can have an avatar now"? I'd like to get an avatar up someday as well, so I'm curious.

Thanks

No.

That is why before you do something like ask (which you shouldn't do), you should check your profile to see if its been enabled.

One reason some folks seem to get avatars faster than others is because they were commport members (or at least I think thats a reason).

One reason teamwork isn't gettin' nail for asking is bacause he asked here - in this folder. So it kinda dropped under the radar of certain members.

The bottom line is don't ask for an avatar. If you get to 500 or so posts and don't have one then......hmmmm.....maybe you might make a hint - but don't ask.

Code:
Example Hint:

Hi soandso,

While I was contemplating my lack of an avatar in this forum I found a place that will let you download the boot disk you wanted

See what I am sayin? And don't go overboard about it either - or it will take even longer.

Anyways - believe it or not, the avatar is no big deal.

But check your profile.

Manta

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 8:23 am 
No Hope = No Fear
No Hope = No Fear

i agree with manta, but i was just whinning to have fun. and that thread on "I want my avatar!" did bring some interesting conversations up :D

but i was patient and received my avatar...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 8:27 am 
Little Foot
Little Foot

Thanks for the info Manta

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 8:34 am 
7yrs+11,000 Posts
7yrs+11,000 Posts

The only reason I prolly got a avitar was cuzz i made the mods laugh.

Last edited by gamerfreak on Sun Oct 17, 2004 6:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 10:22 am 
Little Foot
Little Foot

MantaBase wrote:
Booradley wrote:

Thanks

No.

That is why before you do something like ask (which you shouldn't do), you should check your profile to see if its been enabled.

One reason some folks seem to get avatars faster than others is because they were commport members (or at least I think thats a reason).

One reason teamwork isn't gettin' nail for asking is bacause he asked here - in this folder. So it kinda dropped under the radar of certain members.

The bottom line is don't ask for an avatar. If you get to 500 or so posts and don't have one then......hmmmm.....maybe you might make a hint - but don't ask.

Code:
Example Hint:

Hi soandso,

While I was contemplating my lack of an avatar in this forum I found a place that will let you download the boot disk you wanted

See what I am sayin? And don't go overboard about it either - or it will take even longer.

Anyways - believe it or not, the avatar is no big deal.

But check your profile.

Manta

ok to be honest with you guys i didn't think this tread was going to generate this argument....I know that having an avatar is not a big deal...that's why i am surprire about the feedback that is generating...But the forum faq doesn't make it clear...infact the xcuse mantabse is giving me it's not that cnvincing...I mean because i asked i wont get one????come on give me a break!!If you don't ask for something you will not get anywhre....and on top of that isn't a forum suppose to help people with their question? IF you give me the answer that "because i ask for something, i will not get one" then the entire point of having a forum just doesent make sense...next time i post a question...and when i say a question i mean a legitimate question, we are all adults here, i have to think twice if this is the right forum or i might get banned or "dropped out of the radar"...
like i said having an avatar is not a big deal i know that..but this entire thing turned out like receiving a star in elementary school when you behaved..give a break!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 11:53 pm 
Team Member
Team Member

You can always feel free to visit my site, or one of many other case modding sites and put in your own avatar. This is one of the few places on the planet where it's something that's given out as some kind of bonus. I never did understand it much, an avatar's just a means of personal expression. I can understand the concern that a person might use improper judgement in their choice for an avatar, but then that whole logic falls to pieces when you visit the lifestyle lounge and see what's permitted in there. One one hand we have the "we don't like censorship" idea and on the other we have the "we don't want people having boobies in their avatars" mentality. It just doesn't make a lot of sense. Ah well, this is kinda where I came in and left the last time though, so I'm not interested in arguing the point. I've said my peace.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 6:49 am 
7yrs+11,000 Posts
7yrs+11,000 Posts

I think its just somthing to make the forum a little more fun. I mean like Once you get a avitar u feel good about it. And if you just get one as soon as u sign up, it takes the fun out of it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 7:09 am 

I don't have an avatar, I can't afford one because of the cost of my current build. Hey, Insane, where is your web site? Us Lain-Li PC-V2100B doods gotta swap ideas.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 7:56 am 
Little Foot
Little Foot

The Insane Modder wrote:
You can always feel free to visit my site, or one of many other case modding sites and put in your own avatar. This is one of the few places on the planet where it's something that's given out as some kind of bonus. I never did understand it much, an avatar's just a means of personal expression. I can understand the concern that a person might use improper judgement in their choice for an avatar, but then that whole logic falls to pieces when you visit the lifestyle lounge and see what's permitted in there. One one hand we have the "we don't like censorship" idea and on the other we have the "we don't want people having boobies in their avatars" mentality. It just doesn't make a lot of sense. Ah well, this is kinda where I came in and left the last time though, so I'm not interested in arguing the point. I've said my peace.

Ohh man don't make me start on censorship!!especially after that idiot janet jackson "incident"