Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Sat Aug 23, 2014 4:32 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 8:02 am 
7yrs+11,000 Posts
7yrs+11,000 Posts

I dont have a good place locally to buy stuff. I wish there was a Fry's around here :cry: They only placve is circuit city and they are even 30 minutes away.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 9:53 am 
Team Member
Team Member

I tried to support the local place, bought all the components for my first build there, and the mobo & CPU for my current build there, along with the usual odds & ends and impulse purchases. I was pretty bummed to come home from working out of state and find out they were having a going out of business sale. Guess the Best Buy must have been taking too much business away since they have been expanding their hardware inventory.
This sucks :cry: It was nice having a place 3 blocks from my apt where I could run over to if I needed a cable or something in the middle of a build.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 12:02 pm 
Folding Momerator
Folding Momerator

eJM wrote:
your a very suspisious person anyway.

and how would you know that?

eJM wrote:
you know there is no way to prove who I am or that Im not him. hes my landlord. he told me about this place when he showed me all his mags in his shop last month. he didnt say he was banned but siad this wasnt the best chat forum room.

It's a big coincidence that you showed up 2 hours or so after he was banned? I'm pretty sure of the time you joined because my husband joined right before you did yesterday. If this isn't the best forum to come to, why didn't you listen to him?

I'm not going to go into detail & will take this to a pm if it goes any farther- Grump had a stick up his rear for the last few days- read the last few pages of posts he made- he was over me like flies on poop, because I typed out a post & left a word or 2 out. He deserved to be in time out for a few days. Had he still been here last night, my son was going to be pm'ing him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 3:39 pm 

There isn't very many local stores in my area, the closest CompUSA is 40miles away and closest Fry's is about 65miles from here. There's a Circuit City 10miles away but they don't have that stuff.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 8:14 pm 

MantaBase wrote:
eJM wrote:

Sounds like a great guy :)

eJM, Don't get the wrong impression. No one wanted to ban Grump, infact, the opposite. But he needs to learn how to make his point in a better way IMO.

I am not privy to the whole argument - and I don't care. If you want to make a point and effect change you don't act that way. And you don't do it in the Modder's Forum as long as I can help it.

If he wants back - he can come back. I understand at least some of his opinion and agree with it. I would even defend him. We do need some changes around here but our options are limited. The problem was, he became part of the problem - and not part of the solution. He made a good point - but it got him banned.

At any rate eJM, things that happen online are trivial comapred to RL. Grump knows what he is doing and I suspect you have a good land lord. Its just on this day, we had an issue.

Have fun - tell Grump I will see him on the flipside.

Manta

someone wanted to ban grump because they did. if you understasnd some of what he said and agreed with part of it maybe you should have said something then. I think its too late now. keeping quiet doesnt help anyone I think.

can you tell me how to change my name. grump said I shouldnt use it like that. its his company but its my initals. sorry if this is the wriong place.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 8:17 pm 
Contributing Writer
Contributing Writer

eJM wrote:
can you tell me how to change my name. grump said I shouldnt use it like that. its his company but its my initals. sorry if this is the wriong place.

Send a PM to [Ch]ams (aka, Number Six) with the name change request. You can find the link in his profile located HERE.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 8:37 pm 

Blondie wrote:
eJM wrote:
your a very suspisious person anyway.

and how would you know that?

eJM wrote:
you know there is no way to prove who I am or that Im not him. hes my landlord. he told me about this place when he showed me all his mags in his shop last month. he didnt say he was banned but siad this wasnt the best chat forum room.

It's a big coincidence that you showed up 2 hours or so after he was banned? I'm pretty sure of the time you joined because my husband joined right before you did yesterday. If this isn't the best forum to come to, why didn't you listen to him?

I'm not going to go into detail & will take this to a pm if it goes any farther- Grump had a stick up his rear for the last few days- read the last few pages of posts he made- he was over me like flies on poop, because I typed out a post & left a word or 2 out. He deserved to be in time out for a few days. Had he still been here last night, my son was going to be pm'ing him.

I wasnt going to join until I found out he was kicked out. I just wanted to help but grump said not to now. go ahead and tell the pm I dont care. maybe your son will kick me out too. grump might be a grump but you are mean. I see you help some people alot but when you have a disageement you are just mean. I think you will be mean to me just because I like grump. I guess you can get away with that because your son is the pm.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 8:41 pm 

sorry for the pm mistake. I didn't notice the pm thing and what one4(something) said. I thought pm was a person. sorry.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 1:17 pm 
Team Member
Team Member

pm=post modderator maybe?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 1:25 pm 
Smithfield*
Smithfield*

WhiteRabbit22 wrote:
pm=post modderator maybe?

private message :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 1:29 pm 
Team Member
Team Member

"take this to a pm"- meaning she would just pm him instead of flaming on the forums... gotcha...