Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:10 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Good place to buy "mods"?
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 9:33 pm 

Whats a good store(online) to buy mods for my computer, in particular I'm looking for cable sleeving and CC lights and other cool stuff I find.
I found frozencpu.com and it's pretty good, but the prices seem a little too high, is it a good place to buy from?

Post subject: Re: Good place to buy "mods"?
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 10:09 pm 
Little Foot
Little Foot

list

Last edited by Grump on Tue Mar 08, 2005 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Good place to buy "mods"?
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 2:48 am 
Coppermine
Coppermine

Grump wrote:
RusMan wrote:
Whats a good store(online) to buy mods for my computer, in particular I'm looking for cable sleeving and CC lights and other cool stuff I find.
I found frozencpu.com and it's pretty good, but the prices seem a little too high, is it a good place to buy from?

There's a whole shit load of modding sites listed in the so-called MRL. Here ya go: BIG fuckin' list

I never knew this existed here, thanks grump!:wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 8:56 am 
Little Foot
Little Foot

[delete]

Last edited by Grump on Tue Mar 08, 2005 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 10:39 am 
7yrs+11,000 Posts
7yrs+11,000 Posts

wow easy on the language there grump

infinity customs :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 11:06 am 

Thanks Grump, I didn't know about this.
Man, this mod stuff for pc's are expensive, like 50 bucks for cable sleeving and 4ccfls

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 11:40 am 
Little Foot
Little Foot

[delete]

Last edited by Grump on Tue Mar 08, 2005 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 12:24 pm 

Grump wrote:
RusMan wrote:
Thanks Grump, I didn't know about this.
Man, this mod stuff for pc's are expensive, like 50 bucks for cable sleeving and 4ccfls

Yeah, if you ain't careful, you can get fucked up the ass real good. Shop around. 'Course, price shouldn't be your first criteria. A good fuckin' price ain't worth a shit if you don't get good fuckin' service ta go with it.

gamerfreak wrote:
wow easy on the language there grump

Careful what you say here, man, they'll fuckin' threaten ta ban your ass if you complain about the cussin' too much. That's accordin' to the big man hisse'f, willie smith. I guess they likes the trash mouths here. I'm just tryin' my best ta fit in with the rest of the potty-mouths. 'Course, I got a lotta fuckin' catchin' up to do. It's a motherfucker, but I'm workin' on it.

:shock: What's gotten into you Grump???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 12:43 pm 
Clawhammer
Clawhammer

Hes just having trouble with authority is all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 3:34 pm 
I'd rather be modding!
I'd rather be modding!

[quote="Grump"][/quote]

Just in case you haven't resolved your issue yet:

Not HERE Grump.

This may not be the greatest Modder's hangout, but I and the rest of the Folks who post in it do the best we can. You are respected as a Modder not only by me but by many others - and I appreciate your contributions here.

Yet, how am I supposed to come down on one of the bad apples or the occational bad post or mediate an arguement if I allow posts like yours to go unchallenged?

Contrary to the belief of the few, the "kids" are not in control here.

So go solve your problems - do what you think you need to. I hope it doesn't get you banned. But either way, don't bring the crap in here please.

Manta

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 5:17 pm 

MantaBase wrote:
Grump wrote:

Just in case you haven't resolved your issue yet:

Not HERE Grump.

This may not be the greatest Modder's hangout, but I and the rest of the Folks who post in it do the best we can. You are respected as a Modder not only by me but by many others - and I appreciate your contributions here.

Yet, how am I supposed to come down on one of the bad apples or the occational bad post or mediate an arguement if I allow posts like yours to go unchallenged?

Contrary to the belief of the few, the "kids" are not in control here.

So go solve your problems - do what you think you need to. I hope it doesn't get you banned. But either way, don't bring the crap in here please.

Manta

Harsh man. I have been lurking a while and just joined. I havent ever seen you come down on anyone. He was spewing a lot but maybe you could have just sent him a PM. Dont see how this was nesesary. it was actualy sort of funy and helpful at the same time. oh well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 5:27 pm 
Team Member Top 500
Team Member Top 500

i know www.xoxide.com is a great site for stuff.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 5:39 pm 
I'd rather be modding!
I'd rather be modding!

eJM wrote:

Harsh man. I have been lurking a while and just joined. I havent ever seen you come down on anyone. He was spewing a lot but maybe you could have just sent him a PM. Dont see how this was nesesary. it was actualy sort of funy and helpful at the same time. oh well.

Hiya

He was trying to make a point - but he was doing it the wrong way.

Now he got himself banned. Which is a shame really.

Oddly, I agreed with his complaint - but not his method of conveying it.

I doubt it was a permenant ban - but I doubt he will want to come back since he's so pissed. Its a loss for us, but if someone is gonna act like that and spam the forum with posts like that it needs to stay in the LL - if anyplace at all.

Manta

Manta

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 6:00 pm 

maybe your right but I dont see any spam. I see a lot of helpful posts that he used a lot of bad words in. I seen a lot of posts from other people with bad words that werent helpful and they didnt get banned.

I know him in real life and he is a grump but a lot of people like him even me. hes opiniated for sure but it looks like you cant be that here. Ill go back to lurking. its definitly not principles before personalitys here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 6:11 pm 
Folding Momerator
Folding Momerator

eJM wrote:
I know him in real life and he is a grump but a lot of people like him even me.

Perhaps you are him? You did join today after he was banned and have been posting to a few of his posts. Right now I'm questioning who you are due to that. It's possible it's Grump at a library or a neighbor's house, time will tell.... :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 7:39 pm 

athlon11 wrote:
i know www.xoxide.com is a great site for stuff.

thanks for the link, looks like a good site and also good deals :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 7:43 pm 

your a very suspisious person anyway. you know there is no way to prove who I am or that Im not him. hes my landlord. he told me about this place when he showed me all his mags in his shop last month. he didnt say he was banned but siad this wasnt the best chat forum room. I didnt know he had one too but its just for moding anyway. I dont do moding but you should see his computers. they would get speeding tickets on the superhiway. ha!

I read a lot of messages here and dont see a big problem from him. he has rough language sometimes but not like this. I think I see what he was talking about before tho. looks like just an opionon soem people like you didnt think he shoud say. no free speach I guess. go along or get out. hes stricked (pay the rent on time dont block the driveway pick up the garbage ha!) but hes really fair to me. all his employees say hes great to them too but he fires one once in a while.

sorry this isnt about places to by stuff. I just go to ebay. sorry to grump too if you read this Im not trying to talk behuind your back. dont raise my rent ha!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 8:24 pm 
I'd rather be modding!
I'd rather be modding!

[quote="eJM"][/quote]

Sounds like a great guy :)

eJM, Don't get the wrong impression. No one wanted to ban Grump, infact, the opposite. But he needs to learn how to make his point in a better way IMO.

I am not privy to the whole argument - and I don't care. If you want to make a point and effect change you don't act that way. And you don't do it in the Modder's Forum as long as I can help it.

If he wants back - he can come back. I understand at least some of his opinion and agree with it. I would even defend him. We do need some changes around here but our options are limited. The problem was, he became part of the problem - and not part of the solution. He made a good point - but it got him banned.

At any rate eJM, things that happen online are trivial comapred to RL. Grump knows what he is doing and I suspect you have a good land lord. Its just on this day, we had an issue.

Have fun - tell Grump I will see him on the flipside.

Manta

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 3:41 am 
Boy in Black
Boy in Black

I've got robbed pretty much from online modding stuff. CCT's are about $12, then you get that set shipping fee of $5-12. That's nuts. A PS sleeving kit is about $20+ S&H...I skipped that and went to Fry's and got two different bags of good sleeving ($4ea), 4 lengths of heatshrink($1.79ea), a Molex tool($9), and all was about $25 plus tax. I have plenty of it left over too, so that $25 did two cases.

Throw in a CCT from CompUSA or somewhere, and you gave about $35 for all the stuff and no waiting.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 7:31 am 
I'd rather be modding!
I'd rather be modding!

[quote="Chumly"][/quote]

Like Chumly, I myself try not to buy online - support your local store if you can. I have found that if it costs me any more its normally just a buck or two.

Even when they have to order a part they normally get it as fast or faster then I can for almost the same price. And, I have a place to return it if it doesn't work.

Lastly, its fun - I like to touch the stuff I buy. Don't know why - its like checking the quality. And I always get new ideas when I see other stuff at the store.

Manta