Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:57 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: New to the forum
PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 6:56 pm 
Klamath
Klamath

Just wanted to say hello. My name is Matt, and really just wanted to say thanks for these forums:) I don't mean to sound all corny but really this place is great. I look forward to all that will come, and my next arrival of MaxPC. haha

Post subject: Re: New to the forum
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 8:58 am 
Monkey Federation (Top 10)*

feldm4n wrote:
Just wanted to say hello. My name is Matt, and really just wanted to say thanks for these forums:) I don't mean to sound all corny but really this place is great. I look forward to all that will come, and my next arrival of MaxPC. haha

You are welcome. I do what I can.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 11:17 am 
Klamath
Klamath

Spider Monkey wrote:
feldm4n wrote:

You are welcome. I do what I can.

:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 7:15 pm 
Boy in Black
Boy in Black

That....that...that is just plain awesome dude! :cry:

Ya know, posting in here makes you wonder if you actually are accomplishing anything. Sometimes it feels like you're just making an un-read blog that no one cares about. But then something like this pops up and makes you re-think the whole thing.

See, if ya post something, maybe a handful jump in for the discussion. But that's not a good indicator of who actually cares. After a while, you think only 6 people read your work that you love to do.

A side note, I'm also growing a big fat head of illation. MPC's last mag had an article about painting your case. In the intro to the article, they mentioned "A growing number of crossover craftspeople have brought their skill and experience with automotive and motorcycle paint finishing to the world...These skilled artists have the experience and the equipemnt to create the most stuning paint finish your case will ever have..." Now pardon me if I draw my own conclusions (Don't squash it!), but I haven't ever heard of any other motorcycle painter out there doing cases besides Chumly! It's just one little line, but that sparks my ego and makes me want to do even better...that stuff actually matters!

So, you're very welcome, and I believe we're all glad that we give you a show to watch. And not just that, but some place that you actually come to visit as a resource. That's a huge compliment in itself. The web is huge, and all the places, you've found our forums informative and the place you'd like to visit.

Bravo Zulu to all here, and a great big "thank you" to feldm4n.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 10:53 pm 
Team Member
Team Member

rgr/copy that Chumly!

P.S. I noticed the motorcycle painter reference and you popped into my head immediately. I was wondering why they didn't have you do the tut. It seems like you posted your tut, then a month or two later they put it in the magazine done by a different guy. :( sorry it couldn't have been you.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 2:54 am 
Folding Momerator
Folding Momerator

feldm4n wrote:

Hi Matt, welcome to MPC.

Just a little suggestion, your post would have been better in either the Lifestyle Lounge or the Magazine & Book Feedback. I looked at this post yesterday and wondered why you put it in the modding section.

Chumly wrote:
A side note, I'm also growing a big fat head of illation. MPC's last mag had an article about painting your case. In the intro to the article, they mentioned "A growing number of crossover craftspeople have brought their skill and experience with automotive and motorcycle paint finishing to the world...These skilled artists have the experience and the equipemnt to create the most stuning paint finish your case will ever have..." Now pardon me if I draw my own conclusions (Don't squash it!), but I haven't ever heard of any other motorcycle painter out there doing cases besides Chumly! It's just one little line, but that sparks my ego and makes me want to do even better...that stuff actually matters!

This didn't go unnoticed by me. When I saw that, I immediatly thought of you. I wondered if you had your hand in the article.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 9:35 am 

Chumly wrote:
That....that...that is just plain awesome dude! :cry:

Ya know, posting in here makes you wonder if you actually are accomplishing anything. Sometimes it feels like you're just making an un-read blog that no one cares about. But then something like this pops up and makes you re-think the whole thing.

See, if ya post something, maybe a handful jump in for the discussion. But that's not a good indicator of who actually cares. After a while, you think only 6 people read your work that you love to do.

So, you're very welcome, and I believe we're all glad that we give you a show to watch. And not just that, but some place that you actually come to visit as a resource. That's a huge compliment in itself. The web is huge, and all the places, you've found our forums informative and the place you'd like to visit.

Bravo Zulu to all here, and a great big "thank you" to feldm4n.

What'd you say? ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 7:26 pm 
Boy in Black
Boy in Black

WhiteRabbit22 wrote:
I was wondering why they didn't have you do the tut.
Probably because I suck at rattlecan! I haven't done anything NEAR what they pulled off with aerosol. My tut was mainly to show why the expensive places charge so much, and not really how folks at home could follow along with less hardware.

MPC's article, now finally read, was real good IMO. I think it covered everything that anyone at home could follow and repeat. I still think folks may feel like skipping all the details and just go ahead and spray away and get some so-so results, because it's still hard to get right with all the time and patience involved.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 3:02 pm 
Team Member
Team Member

Quote:
Ya know, posting in here makes you wonder if you actually are accomplishing anything. Sometimes it feels like you're just making an un-read blog that no one cares about.

There far from unnoticed in my opinion. your ideas are brilliant and you are a very helpful member of these forums. IMO you are the single most helpful modder in the forums today. just thought you should hear the praise i think you should have.

by the way quote is by Chumly. couldnt figure out how to get it to post right.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 3:30 pm 
Folding Momerator
Folding Momerator

Anonsix wrote:
by the way quote is by Chumly. couldnt figure out how to get it to post right.

It's very easy to do. In Chumly's post, there is a quote button, click it, it has the code in it, just highlight & delete what you don't want to quote. If you want to quote pieces of it and answer inbetween, just be sure to copy the quote="Anonsix" (with brackets) and to end the quote be sure to do the same with the close tag /quote (with brackets.) I usually have notepad open if I'm going to be doing a lot of quote editing. Once you get the hang of it, you will know the code & can type it out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 3:36 pm 
Team Member
Team Member

thanks blondie for that bit of info. i spent afew minutes with no luck of trying to get it right. i guess i should read that bbcode thing listed sumwhere in this forum

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 4:21 pm 
Contributing Writer
Contributing Writer

Anonsix, if I wanted to quote you, this is exactly how it would look when editing my post:

Code:
[quote="Anonsix"]thanks blondie for that bit of info. i spent afew minutes with no luck of trying to get it right. i guess i should read that bbcode thing listed sumwhere in this forum[/quote]

And it would come out looking like this:

Anonsix wrote:
thanks blondie for that bit of info. i spent afew minutes with no luck of trying to get it right. i guess i should read that bbcode thing listed sumwhere in this forum

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 5:17 pm 
Klamath
Klamath

Welcome to the forum Matt :!:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 9:50 pm 
Klamath
Klamath

Haha wow! I was unaware that so many would reply, thanks again. I just returned from NY city on a film shoot with my uncles company. I was going out of my mind out there and finally at the airport i was comforted. I walked up to the news stand and bam MaxPC spring edition haha. Blondie the reason i posted here was because i really respect people who mod and craft things from nothing. I will from now on post this type stuff in the other forum categories, my apologies.
Im going to head out to Los Alamos to see if i can find anything of interest at their no longer used junkyards. My uncle tells me you can find crazy shaped objects for cheap. Usually they are experimental designs that didn't cut it. My uncle and i were thinking of a metallic sphere. Im thinking something like that would be nice. Anyways just a bump to you all.
_feldy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 7:57 am 
Team Member
Team Member

that sphere idea would be really cool. If you could put a pc in a chrome sphere that is completely spherical (sp?) and the drives were flush with the sphere, but you couldnt tell they were there unless they were open, that would be cool. Maybe have a blue LED button on the very top for the power button, other than that, its all stealthed. that would be sweet.

or, you could put a bunch of little holes in it for ventilation, kinda like a big whiffle ball, but smaller holes. that way you could have fans mounted all over the case. but the holes should be about as big as these holes. I think that would be awesome.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 3:25 pm 
Boy in Black
Boy in Black

Sputnik!

Los Alamos!? You'll be Joe Dirt draggin home a bomb in the back seat of your car with an Indian that sells snakes and sparklers! I hear that if you go at night it's easier because you can pass up the ones that are glowing ;)

Mohave has an nice junkyard too. All sorts of weird stuff. And it's orderly too, which was suprising. New aircraft goes through there too at the airport for somereason. We took a ride out to get an upclose look at the GE94 under the wings (we were all GE turbine). We were excited to see it, but this one had a RR Trent something or other and have still yet to see one:p

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 8:07 pm 
Klamath
Klamath

Yea the sphere idea would be nice if i could manage to get it to work. Chumly you from the Mojave area? I used to live in Acton.