Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:31 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Refrigeration plates for a cooling solution
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 11:13 pm 
Team Member
Team Member

Hi my father-inlaw, Dale, has come up with an idea for low temps that I wanted to run by everyone. So Dale is the kind of guy that thought video games were neat when pong came out so he made one.. Yes no kidding way back then his kids were playing 2 fishing games & spelling games. He is kind of known to be able to fix anything. He approached me with an idea for builing a modified case for my PC. He told me about these refigeration panels that he has been working with that cool on one side & discharge heat from the other side. His Idea is basically to have 2 full sidepanels with these cooling panels built onto them & then bolt another plate onto the outside with cooling finns on it to discharge the heat & combine it with a water cooling system for the cpu. He plans to use a server cases layout & using 2 PSU's one for the PC & one for the refrigeration plates. Of course I am not explaining all of this as well as he did but sounds like a sweet idea to me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 5:03 am 
Smithfield*
Smithfield*

Unless your looking to OC a 3.6 to 6ghz its an awfull lot of work for nothing. You also dont want it so cold in there that you get ice buildup (think freezer). but heck, if you want to keep your coldcuts in your case it'd work great.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 8:18 am 
Team Member
Team Member

I've been kicking around the idea of using a few of those myself (peltier effect coolers). I've got 3 of them, it's a matter of figuring out just how I want to use them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 10:01 am 
Team Member
Team Member

gramaton cleric wrote:
Unless your looking to OC a 3.6 to 6ghz its an awfull lot of work for nothing. You also dont want it so cold in there that you get ice buildup (think freezer). but heck, if you want to keep your coldcuts in your case it'd work great.

He saw the Rig of the Month contest & wants to build a totally nosiseless & supercool extream OCer Case.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 9:36 pm 
Boy in Black
Boy in Black

Ya, that's peltier cooling. One side is cold, and the otherside is pretty hot. It's a neat idea, but takes a lot of power to get the plates working. Don't let that hold either of you back!

Antec has some Phantom power supplies that use no fans and come in 350W and 420W flavors.