Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:36 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: So here is my initial case design
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 11:04 am 
Team Member
Team Member

OK so now I finally have a plan and should be able to start on it this weekend.

Im a huge Quintin Tarantino fan so I've setteled on this Kill Bill design and though I would share it with you all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 11:28 am 
Monkey Federation (Top 10)*
Monkey Federation (Top 10)*

Not bad!

You've read Chumly's paint thread right? His tips will help out nicely with your design.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 2:17 pm 
Team Member
Team Member

Spider Monkey wrote:
Not bad!

You've read Chumly's paint thread right? His tips will help out nicely with your design.

Yes I did, but this will be a rattle can project since I work at an NAPA I can get everything I need pretty cheap
:)

and I just picked thisup as well

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 3:00 pm 
Team Member
Team Member

wow, this mod looks like it's gonna rock!

good luck, and keep us posted.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 3:43 pm 
Smithfield*
Smithfield*

i'm a huge tarantino fan and that case is SWEET. i love kill bill and that case is perfect for it, i like the blade popping outta the front.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 7:28 am 
Team Member
Team Member

you think you could work that Katana into it somehow? that is a nice pick-up. can I ask how much ya paid for it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 8:03 am 
Team Member
Team Member

WhiteRabbit22 wrote:
you think you could work that Katana into it somehow? that is a nice pick-up. can I ask how much ya paid for it?

Yeah I couldnt draw it into the pic very well but the blade will go in through the top and come out the front of the case. And I paid 20 bucks plus 10 shipping for it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 8:11 am 
Team Member
Team Member

SWEET! I didnt think the blade was coming out the front from the top. I thought it was a picture like ti was coming from the corner or something. That is awesome dude. nice price on the Katana too. Is it one of the actual movie props? If it is, I figured it would be more expensive than that. Nice.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 3:18 pm 
Boy in Black
Boy in Black

I was going to ask about the blade there. Is it going to be Hanzo steel? LOL...

What I was going to suggest for over all ease of use was this: Cut the blade so it doesn't pass through. You may run into some issues trying to get it to work as planed. The first thing I think of is the hardware conflicting. There's only one real angle to get it to miss everything and pass right through. Some Katana's aren't long enough to get this downward angle to have enough blade sticking out on both ends. This WOULD be cool if the blade was red on the inside, or had a heart or something with the blade going through it on it's way out of the case.

But my idea was to cut off sections. To get it to stick, you could go ahead and cut holes for it to fit in the plastic, and epoxy it in. You can also mix dye's with the epoxy to get it to be a semi-clear red. Clear red looks cool IMO. If you don't want it semi-clear, mix dye with Liquid Nails. I'd still cut holes because just mounting it to the case with epoxy only has one direction it'll hold with. Pulling on it should be fine, but you could wobble it off. With a hole, side angle impacts will also be strong enough for random knocks.

But this colored epoxy may come in nice in the other spots like the bays and the side. If you over apply it, it will flow out in a more natural blood like way. Gotta be careful with this as you could glue the drives shut :D

Hanzo replica

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 8:04 pm 
Team Member
Team Member

I figured I would have to cut it in 2 to make It work though it would be cool to make it all the way through :D Im going to try some test fitting once I get the blade I ordered. Im going to have to look into the epoxy blood look thats sounds like it would work good. THe black triangle on the front is actually vented slots and I was thinking about just pouring red model paint though from the other side and see how that works. I wasnt exactly sure how I was going to get the blade throught the front and make it look realistic but epoxy might come in handy there as well.

Thanks for all the input everyone :)

more to come

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 3:11 pm 
Boy in Black
Boy in Black

Hahaha...I love epoxy :D I grew up liking bailing wire to fix everything, then it moved to more advanced methods like JB Weld and Eboxy. Can't take the red off my neck!