Ok, so here's the bad news !!!!
As some of you might know i am relatively new to modding. I have been modding for exactly 13 months now and the EURISKO is my first mod. I have never done any airbrushing before. So i bought myself an airbrush and started practising , reading and so on. I used a special filling primer to get rid of the last little scratches and marks. It all started out so nice !!!
Getting the whole model taped up was a big job, took over 5,5 hours to get it perfect !
The first layer went on perfectly !
So then it was time to pull off the tape and continue to the deflector tunnel and warp nacelles! So I thought !
EPIC FAIL !!!!
The new role of tape was to strong , my test piece waxs done with a role a couple of months old and it worked perfectly and now this !!! It tears the baselayer right off!
I think I died a little there ....
So with 8 hours left to complete the build (I wanted to have it completed before midnight newyears eve) I had to sand all the troubled pieces down (no small task with depron), put them into the primer again and repaint them. I was so hoping that I will not encounter any other hurdles.
SO on my brithday at 3 in the morning it looked like this
From starship to loveboat!
The resturation is going ahead relatively ok!
You can see the damage from the sanding but maybe I can turn that into weathering like a whole bunch of Borg Torpedoes have hit.
But in the end I made it !!! With the setback of the 29th I worked almost through my birthday and all night but I made it ! She's finished!!!!
Here are my 2 mascottes , Captain Janeway (sorry kate) and the voyager sign!
More to come but first a Very BIG BEER !!!!
Here is the first picture set !!!USS EURISKO - Intrepid Mark II Class - Finished !!!
Some highlights !
Thanks for watching and to all a Happy new year !!!!!
There will be a proper photoshoot and more posts with additions, its finished but not done !